• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling the top in farmland right here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newguy View Post
    Only reason farmers want land to go down is because they missed opportunities in the past to buy and they want to turn back the clock for personal gain.Every land price cycle is not the same.I said on here years ago watch trends in Alberta to predict trends in sask.I also said on here many years ago buy good land and land near population.Hope all the farmers waiting to scoop up the young guns for pennies on a dollar end up disappointed.
    OR maybe the guys that bought at the high or helped run the price of land up want to get their "entitled" generational write down to keep going...

Bid it up, then get underwater when the price drops 25 percent , then get the lender to take nickels on the dollar or cheap rent ....

Its all happened before and the same guys with a new generation are going to do it again....lenders don't know the scam because its new people...the older ones that seen this have retired from the lender ....

Comment

hmm I have always wondered that too. Some BTOs I am sure are going to crumble but only as part of the plan to get land from FCC on the cheap after their bailout.

I actually went to bank about 6 months and was going to borrow money at a 25 year locked in rate since I thought rates are certainly going higher, but I couldn’t bring myself to carry a bunch of debt that I don’t need. To each his own I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy View Post
        Only reason farmers want land to go down is because they missed opportunities in the past to buy and they want to turn back the clock for personal gain.Every land price cycle is not the same.I said on here years ago watch trends in Alberta to predict trends in sask.I also said on here many years ago buy good land and land near population.Hope all the farmers waiting to scoop up the young guns for pennies on a dollar end up disappointed.
        It ain't going to nuttin!!! ...but it may come off it's highs. I am a broken record.

"Pennies on the dollar" is far too extreme. 10-20% possible. 20%...OUCH!

EVEN I THINK(KNOW) WE ARE AT A DIFFERENT LEVEL NEVER TO RETURN TO THE TIMES WHEN LAND WAS CHEAP IN TODAY'S STANDARD, BUT ALSO TOO EXPENSIVE AT THE TIME....like it always is, doesn't that pretty much sum it up? My hindsight is many times better than my foresight. But like driving a vehicle....you better spend more time looking ahead and anticipating whats coming than looking back dwelling on what's behind you!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          It ain't going to nuttin!!! ...but it may come off it's highs. I am a broken record.

"Pennies on the dollar" is far too extreme. 10-20% possible. 20%...OUCH!

EVEN I THINK(KNOW) WE ARE AT A DIFFERENT LEVEL NEVER TO RETURN TO THE TIMES WHEN LAND WAS CHEAP IN TODAY'S STANDARD, BUT ALSO TOO EXPENSIVE AT THE TIME....like it always is, doesn't that pretty much sum it up? My hindsight is many times better than my foresight. But like driving a vehicle....you better spend more time looking ahead and anticipating whats coming than looking back dwelling on what's behind you!
          Because history repeats itself.....and some of your ****-of-the -walk types rarely pay what they bid...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Because history repeats itself.....and some of your ****-of-the -walk types rarely pay what they bid...
            Do you actually think that FCC and the banks would be willing to take a haircut AGAIN from wreckless spenders?.....lessons should have been learned.

I think the result would be an auction sale on behalf of producer and banker.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Do you actually think that FCC and the banks would be willing to take a haircut AGAIN from wreckless spenders?.....lessons should have been learned.

I think the result would be an auction sale on behalf of producer and banker.
              They do it all the time. Look at the big brilliant farms that took everyone for a ride and walked away with millions to handle their own bankruptcy.

If we re going to talk about grain prices and expenses and land then yes land is retarted price

What should be considered to keep family farms going is longer terms for loans if intergenerarional farms want to keep going. Why should investors make the money off of stupid rent? Young farmers should be paying on a mortgage instead of that stupid price at least they capture rhe long term appreciation and own something in the mean time. That way the older retirees get something decent for their work and the young can keep it going.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                They do it all the time. Look at the big brilliant farms that took everyone for a ride and walked away with millions to handle their own bankruptcy.

If we re going to talk about grain prices and expenses and land then yes land is retarted price

What should be considered to keep family farms going is longer terms for loans if intergenerarional farms want to keep going. Why should investors make the money off of stupid rent? Young farmers should be paying on a mortgage instead of that stupid price at least they capture rhe long term appreciation and own something in the mean time. That way the older retirees get something decent for their work and the young can keep it going.
                Its sort of stupid for a government agency like FCC to be lending at commercial rates while in the next breath write off a couple billion to chrysler. while they are charging 100grand for a 3/4 ton...

....writedowns don't happen in ag with BTOs or they are not taking haircuts???????

Yes they are...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                  Its sort of stupid for a government agency like FCC to be lending at commercial rates while in the next breath write off a couple billion to chrysler. while they are charging 100grand for a 3/4 ton...

....writedowns don't happen in ag with BTOs or they are not taking haircuts???????

Yes they are...
                  Solid points, excuse my bad memory.

How did I forget about the pork industry bankruptcy trail of destruction and the “consultant/investor/motivational speaker farmers” that took the industry for a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    Solid points, excuse my bad memory.

How did I forget about the pork industry bankruptcy trail of destruction and the “consultant/investor/motivational speaker farmers” that took the industry for a ride.
                    Mr paul martin did a motivational speech in our town hall way back then . Quadra pork made off with hundreds of thousands. Never saw any of that money again . Olymel got it for sfa
                    Couldnt even write the loss off

Comment

Hello..!
                      We are selling a john deere 5055E tractor, year 2015
                      tractor in very good condition
                      Very little used, and maintenance done at a dealership.
                      Additional photos available on request
                      Price: very affordable (thank you for contacting us)
                      Thank you to answer us
                      The team of SCAMAC-EQUIPEMENTS
                      Email: info@equipements-scamac.comClick image for larger version

Name:	JD 5055E 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	766889

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...