• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Harvest Song

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a teenager in the “70’s” and listened to rock back then so never have stopped. I enjoy the “70’s” and “80’s mainly. I like certain songs from various bands such as Def Leppard,Bryan Adams,Street Heart,Harlequin,Prism,Ac Dc,Journey,Trooper and others. I know there are certain songs that get my spirits up just just like saskfarmer quoted.I am still a kid at heart!

Comment

Here is a couple of Volbeat tunes, have a listen.

https://youtu.be/pwCJW76FpZA Mary Jane Kelly

Was supposedly a prostitute and was beleived to be the last victim of Jack the Ripper...why you'd want to write a song about that is beyond me.

https://youtu.be/0qKMRPXCkiE BLISS

I'm not to keen on the short banjo(or what ever it is)picking part about 2/3 of the way through.

Phone or ipad or tablet speakers don't do any music justice...listen on a device with good audio. Some desktop computers have can have "decent" speakers hooked up to them. Or connect to the vehicle sound system.

What do you think? I realize it's not for everyone.

Comment

I don’t mind a couple Volbeat songs, but for the most part it’s a little hard for me. Don’t care for country only Eric Church and couple others. In fact Church is far from a “country” singer.
        Far as I’m concerned 80s was the best decade of music. Bryan Adams, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi were some of my favs. Bon Jovi still making good music today.

Comment

If anyone likes Ian Thornley(solo) or the band Big Wreck...you really should go see them live. I always thought of their music as kinda a soft rock...but they take it to the next level live. Still good though, IMHO.

Comment

Farma

Have seen Big Wreck live, Ian Thornley is one of the best rock singers going. Solo or with Big Wreck so under rated, it's a shame they haven't made it big.

Main stream hair bands of the 80's don't hold a candle against Ian's talent!

Comment

From the mid 60's to the mid 80's English bands dominated rock music such as The Animals, Pink Floyd, The Who, Beatles, Cream, Dire Straits, Def Leppard, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Rolling Stones, Queen and probably many that I've overlooked but in my opinion Led Zeppelin just had a little more variety to offer their fans from," Black Dog", all the way down to, "The Rain Song". Seems like a lot of talent coming out of a small area, maybe in the water or the Guinness. My favorite Zeppelin song-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4THXeOD-Dw Since I've Been Lovin You

There's 4 young guys out of Michigan called Greta Van Fleet who sound similar to Zeppelin, turning alot of heads-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

Comment

Forage, 👍👍👍👍👍

Rumrocks, the lead in Greta has quite the voice, the station I listen to is playing "When the Curtain Falls" alot.

Speaking of the "Animals" and voices you wouldn't think came out of their mouths, House of the Rising Sun" surprised me when I first saw the Animals in video, that song is one year older than I am but still heard it in my lifetime, I guess it kinda stood the test of time. I find the video kind of amusing, damn kids making " hippy" music...lol.

https://youtu.be/uS90B4sZf7U Animals
                Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 28, 2018, 22:15.

Comment

Well, I qualify age wise, but no radio in my combine, I have to listen to it rumble, only way I know it’s running right. Radio in my semi, but the twin pipes on the N14, you can only hear the radio when it’s quittin time.

Comment

Forage again, I wonder if the Canadian legends would be what they are if it wasn't for the CRTC. In Canada I believe there has to be a certain percentage of Canadian content on radio and TV. That's not taking anything away from the likes of Thornley or The Tragically Hip, but.... I would think it would be easy to get lost in the sea of music in the world.

Music is soul food, no matter what "flavor" you like to feed it!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Forage, 👍👍👍👍👍

Rumrocks, the lead in Greta has quite the voice, the station I listen to is playing "When the Curtain Falls" alot.

Speaking of the "Animals" and voices you wouldn't think came out of their mouths, House of the Rising Sun" surprised me when I first saw the Animals in video, that song is one year older than I am but still heard it in my lifetime, I guess it kinda stood the test of time. I find the video kind of amusing, damn kids making " hippy" music...lol.

https://youtu.be/uS90B4sZf7U Animals
                      Yes that is a great song, we saw Eric Burdon perform this song out in BC at a music fest about 8 years ago. I remember standing in the first row beside a guy who was smoking a huge joint, he was really, really enjoying things for the first half of the show but disappeared for the last half, he missed " The House of the Rising Sun", sad but true.

Comment

Originally posted by AC man View Post
                        I was a teenager in the “70’s” and listened to rock back then so never have stopped. I enjoy the “70’s” and “80’s mainly. I like certain songs from various bands such as Def Leppard,Bryan Adams,Street Heart,Harlequin,Prism,Ac Dc,Journey,Trooper and others. I know there are certain songs that get my spirits up just just like saskfarmer quoted.I am still a kid at heart!
                        You forgot Aerosmith
                        "Sing with me, sing for today, cause maybe tomorrow the good lord will take you away"
                        " So dream on , dream on, dream until your dreams come true"

Tom Petty
                        " Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes"

Cheap Trick
                        "She's tight, she's a talented girl, she's tight, she's one of a kind"

I like this thread it is a good break from politics, weather and the carbon tax.

Comment

Farma

"Forage again, I wonder if the Canadian legends would be what they are if it wasn't for the CRTC."

I think if it's good music it get's found no matter what county it originates from. Case in point Rush, BTO, The Guess Who, Brian Adams, Triumph, Sarah McLachlan, April Wine, I could go on and on. Not to mention all the new Canadian artists that are big world wide.

I have seen Metallica who I really like along with U2. Other music I like is Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendricks, Beetles, Who,Cream, CCR, Kinks, . Wasn't even close to being a teenager when they were at their hay days but there's no other bands that come close or ever will to these legends

An earlier poster was mentioning Led Zeppelin, one of their greatest songs that doesn't get air play is

Custard Pie, unbelievable rocker.

No one rocks like the mighty Zep. But as they have said, there was nothing before ELVIS!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...