• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As some have said already thank you to the above average temps that allowed me to finish today.
    Thank you to the gas inspector who has common sense and the fellow at Saskatoon Coop propane for doing what he could to get me set up to dry grain.
    Thank you to the U.S.and China for having a trade war and screwing up my market for peas. Thank you for the increase in steel prices that was quick to increase the price on parts and propane tanks.
    Thank you to the Liberal Government for giving me something to swear about other than the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Thank you for the responsive healthcare system today...

Thank you Lady "LUCK" and the good Karma that came around. I knew it would come back around sooner or later. Good deeds aren't always repaid by those who receive them but some where some how down the road the one who performed those good deeds gets repaid...sometimes ten fold. It may appear I am all negative energy but there is alot I am thankful for, a lot, it may just be hidden behind the sarcastic, opinionated, outspoken side.

Everyone take care and be safe. Take a moment to appreciate the luck and good things in life....there are many.

Everyone OK there Farma?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        Everyone OK there Farma?
        Everyone take care and be safe. Take a moment to appreciate the luck and good things in life....there are many.

Farma ..... as John Gormely would say,
        “you said it well”.

Comment

I can accept the external pressures on this business, the weather, markets etc.

What I cant take is the incompetence and blatant hypocrisy of our own govt stifling economic development and trying to put more people on the govt tit without a commensurate increase in GDP.

In the US, trump made 1 for 3 deal. For every new reg put in place, 3 have to be abolished. I would do something like that in canada. For every dollar in socials spending, 3 more have to be added to the GDP. So you want to smoke pot and get welfare and protest, nope, not happening until a major project is greenlighted unopposed.

Comment

Just over 3 weeks ago after a very cold and wet September I thought the chances of combining my remaining crop were slim. After the last 2 weeks of nice weather we finished last night and I am very thankful. I am also thankful for all the help from my wife and kids and their spouses! I am also thankful that for no-till. The way we farmed in the 80's and 90's would have yielded much smaller crops. I am thankful our wheat was average and my canola just a bit below could have been a lot worse.

A couple of thoughts on combine parts prices. We had to replace a 900/32 drive tire. A new tire was $5600 plus $700 installation. Miraculously I found an almost new tire taken off a grain cart with minor lug damage for $2500 plus installation. Alternator for CR9070 $1100. Dealer's certainly make their money off parts. This 2% inflation rate that governments advertise is absolute bullshit. I would say parts inflate at closer to 10%. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
              Everyone OK there Farma?
              Everything is fine, the outcome could have been fatal...broken bone instead(not me).

Thanks BP.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Everything is fine, the outcome could have been fatal...broken bone instead(not me).

Thanks BP.
                What other business does a person have to work like a madman for a month every year. Even farmers a few latitudes down have a longer weather window. The Americans never seem to get totally bombed by a late season weather event, nor the EU. Guess its just us and Russia.

Comment

Thank God whatever our leadership is or isn't here in Canada at least they don't openly encourage us people to go out and beat on and hate each other just to get elected as is the case in our American friends country right now. It s getting wacko down there. Poor innocent people getting caught up in the mental leadership self serving games. It's getting scarey.

Comment

But but the CBC NEVER finds fault, questions stupidity of any Left/LIberal/NDP actions, but but Harper and Cons are EVIL! Just listen and open your mind, can SMELL the bias from the speakers!. Thank you Turdo/McKenna/Ralph for giving me reasons to use every curse known to mankind!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...