• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just wondering a price?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering a price?

As you guys know i have 1600t of storage that wont be used for obvious reasons.

I know you guys are different than what we have and do in aust.

But been apoproached by grain buyers wishing to lease silo space.

Whats a fair price per tonne seeing i will have to fill and empty silos and well as let them rent the space?

$14-16 per tonne?

$2/ton per month is pretty standard here, plus $4 for handling in and out.

Comment

Hmmmm...rent "silo" space. In Canada Weyburn Inland Terminal had producer owned "condo" space. Later when Sask Wheat Pool went on their building spree they too offered to sell producers condo space.

I don't know how silo space is managed in Oz or who actually owns the facility the silo space is in but in Canada the facility the condo space was in was owned by a grain company....once the grain was in condo...no more shopping it around, to me they kinda had a captive market.

Can anyone tell us if the "independent" producer inland terminals ever offered condo space? I used the word "independent" loosely because weren't they all "affiliated" with one of the major GrainCos?

...and then we lost the "independent" port loading facility... That wasn't solely owned by the major GrainCos. Seems like so much was given away for so little in return or a system left to "sort itself out" with few checks and balances put in place to facilitate the transition.

Edit in...I guess that doesn't answer your question does it.
      Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 25, 2018, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by dalek View Post
        $2/ton per month is pretty standard here, plus $4 for handling in and out.
        so thats 8 bucks? 4 in 4 out? or 2 by 2

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
          so thats 8 bucks? 4 in 4 out? or 2 by 2
          $4 total.

Comment

For a enduser basic cost at my local elevator is $21.30 in and out plus 1.20 per month then of course they have to freight it there another $13 to 20. Viterra has dropped charges buy $3 because of drought for farmers and $11 for domestic end user.

So local chicken guy buys grain from farmer its delivered to elevator in nov take it out in april he up for $28.50. plus freight.

Uses my storage depending on freight hes $14 per tonne better off

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...