• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Rain last night
    Light snow this mornin
    Bgmb , they have already admitted that its just a wealth trans scheme not even trying to hide it anymore
    They said it has sfa to do with climate change
    Sounds like winter is back! We could use 3 more days for fertilizing.Click image for larger version

Name:	054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	766859

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Long term thinking is how it'll help, more so future generations than my own.

For all the wild proclamations about how a tax might affect farms I'll tell you now if the cost of all carbon taxed inputs on my farm doubled next year it would cost me considerably less than severe weather events have cost me this year. That's what really threatens the future of agriculture everywhere and it would be reckless not to attempt to tackle it.

I'll let you know in advance I'm not interested in reading an avalanche of anti-science bullshit in response to this ranging from the earth is in fact cooling to it's a scam by Hilary Clinton so you can save your collective breath on my account.

Something to think on though - AF5 was insisting earlier that rising temperatures offered only positive opportunities to agriculture. What a good example of that we had this summer with a severe drought over a large area compounded by smoke from BC forest fires that delayed crop maturity by about a month in some areas. Sometimes there are unanticipated consequences and they can cost us severely.
      My neighbor and friend of almost 50 years has been helping us finish harvest the last couple of days(he is done already) and he made a very interesting comment. His mother who I think is 89 has always what he described as a weather diary. He said that this fall has been a mirror image of 1966 which I thought was very interesting. Weather is cyclical and no government intervention will change that. Grassfarmer, I generally find your constant poking of the bear somewhat amusing but weather in western Canada has always been quite variable in nature and it is very rare that it is ideal. While I think every farmer tries to be efficient as possible, this narrative that Trudeau's carbon tax is going to somehow improve world wide climate is absolutely laughable. Could you please name 1 thing that I purchase or use on the farm that will become less expensive! The concept of carbon leakage certainly comes into play here. Once the carbon tax on business reaches a certain point it will simply move to lower taxed areas of the world. If every country that I compete against had a carbon tax it would be a different story, then it comes down to who is the most efficient producer. Plus this arguement that even though in Trudeau's words 8 out of 10 Canadians will be rebated as much or more than they pay in tax there is an incentive to use less fossil fuels, what a bunch of B.S. I was reading an interesting article this morning talking about B.C.'s carbon tax, the most interesting part was that a recent poll had been done and only 45% of B.C. residents were aware B.C. had a carbon tax, after 10 years! Grassfarmer there are times when I can see your point but when it comes to the carbon tax we will have to agree to disagree. Enjoy your day

Comment

I would love a Liberal to show how taxing farmers to death, will help the environment.

We have done our part with def, new energy efficient practices. And r2000 homes and high efficiency furnaces etc.

Please explain liberals or are you like Ralph, you don’t even believe your own bullshit.

Should get to 95% done tonight
        Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Oct 26, 2018, 09:27.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          I would love a Liberal to show how taxing farmers to death, will help the environment.

We have done our part with def, new energy efficient practices. And r2000 homes and high efficiency furnaces etc.

Please explain liberals or are you like Ralph, you don’t even believe your own bullshit.

Should get to 95% done tonight
          pretty shitty here , you're not getting this?
          good luck gettin across the finish line , hope you're not getting this shit

Comment

It’s 6:14 we should get to a section canola left late tonight.

Comment

I am cheering for you saskfarmer and hope you get it all.
              Always like reading your crop reports and they are more interesting and accurate then the ones from the government. Thanks for taking the time to do them.
              When ever has a government done anything better and cheaper than the private sector.
              Liberalism = Mental Disorder
              Last edited by seldomseen; Oct 27, 2018, 10:22.

Comment

Last section. Canola. Shut down by 9 last night due to a ugly wet fog. Wind is starting now to get rid of the frost by 11 or twelve we will be rolling.

Comment

Good luck saskfarmer,hope you can wrap it up! You only have your own combines to finish? It is always a good feeling to get done harvest for another year. I have had crop stay out over winter twice lucky it was flax. Flax from my experience over winters well. A neighbour had canola stay out one winter which was burnt the following spring.I enjoy your weekly reports.

Comment

Last section. Canola. Shut down by 9 last night due to a ugly wet fog. Wind is starting now to get rid of the frost by 11 or twelve we will be rolling.

Looked better with red lol
                    You should just buy that one to keep your green dealer on his toes , otherwise they get fat , lazy and lethargic !
                    Most guys here , even the bto’s use 2000-2500 ac per class 9 machine
                    1500-2000 per class 8
                    Looks like you guys grow straw like us
                    Enjoy your last day
                    We got 3” of wet white shit

Comment

"We got 3” of wet white shit"

Caseih I heard that from Nipawin weather. On North horizon was the blackest evil looking cloud bank !
                      A winter looking devil for sure. We are spared so far, forecast getting better each day, we could use a few more...Click image for larger version

Name:	012.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	766861 Colorful sunsets due to fall air.

Comment

Three inches of wet shit we don't need for a while yet. I really hate winter, funny years ago as a kid it was awesome. Now I hate the shit.

The Case worked out really good and both the new smaller one and a bigger one. Chopper is a problem but the Redekop would take care of that.

Down to last two-quarters of Canola. Yes, the finish line is in sight. might even get the 120 acres of flat wheat on the Res. or leave for the Deer as my part to mother nature for turning things around after 35 days of wet weather. I even sunk one combine late last night. Yes swather drove over the area two other combines drove over it I almost made it but no cigar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	U%1dCuYgTzafUR5C734sGQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	766862

Comment

Three inches of wet shit we don't need for a while yet. I really hate winter, funny years ago as a kid it was awesome. Now I hate the shit.

The Case worked out really good and both the new smaller one and a bigger one. Chopper is a problem but the Redekop would take care of that.

Down to last two-quarters of Canola. Yes, the finish line is in sight. might even get the 120 acres of flat wheat on the Res. or leave for the Deer as my part to mother nature for turning things around after 35 days of wet weather. I even sunk one combine late last night. Yes swather drove over the area two other combines drove over it I almost made it but no cigar.

[ATTACH]3587[/ATTACH]
                          Nice pic , need to update my old phone
                          Yea case choppers are a joke , funny they havent addressed that ?
                          Wonder if you can order a new one with a reddekop ?
                          Friend got a new massey with one and doesnt need to harrow anymore

Comment

Case dealer says $25,000 is the option for reddekop.
                            Has new combines on lot with them on..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                              Case dealer says $25,000 is the option for reddekop.
                              Has new combines on lot with them on..
                              Wasnt long ago you could get a new 914 combine for less than that lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                                Wasnt long ago you could get a new 914 combine for less than that lol
                                I know that dad bought a new IH 914 in 1972 for around $11,000. He bought a new IH 1066 in 1975 to run it for $20,000. Back then they advertised that a new pto combine and tractor could be purchased for the price of a sp combine(915).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...