• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybeans...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it looks like the soybeans will be about equal to a shitty pea crop....but i didn't have much to lose ....no high priced seed or chemical....no residual ....i guess no worse than summer fallow and I made a couple mistakes on them as well...

Will try again....next year....always next year....

As a farmer...cough... anytime I can throw another crop in the rotation i think its a good thing...

I really enjoy growing them which takes the pain of little profit away..

Comment

Finished most soybeans yesterday
      Our mid maturity beans got froze , about 30-40% yield loss on them
      They were 16-18 in low areas frosted bad
      25-38 on the rest of the field
      Unfortunately too many acres in low area lol
      The early soybeans were between 31-34
      Half the frost damage as the mid maturity beans and far better seed sample
      Overall the sample still good , takes a lot to down grade beans .
      Neighbors early beans were 35 , slightly better than ours . He had a good crop but still lost 25% to frost . His sample very good as well.
      Oh and don’t spray Basagran too late on soybeans, it will kick the shit out of yield and delay maturity.
      If the ground was not so wet they are so nice to combine. Even still , combined far easier than flat wheat .
      Will be growing some next year , but just sticking with the early beans .
      A few less acres of soybeans and more acres of Blackbeans.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Finished most soybeans yesterday
        Our mid maturity beans got froze , about 30-40% yield loss on them
        They were 16-18 in low areas frosted bad
        25-38 on the rest of the field
        Unfortunately too many acres in low area lol
        The early soybeans were between 31-34
        Half the frost damage as the mid maturity beans and far better seed sample
        Overall the sample still good , takes a lot to down grade beans .
        Neighbors early beans were 35 , slightly better than ours . He had a good crop but still lost 25% to frost . His sample very good as well.
        Oh and don’t spray Basagran too late on soybeans, it will kick the shit out of yield and delay maturity.
        If the ground was not so wet they are so nice to combine. Even still , combined far easier than flat wheat .
        Will be growing some next year , but just sticking with the early beans .
        A few less acres of soybeans and more acres of Blackbeans.
        Thanks furrow

Good research ... better than what I am seeing from my mandatory non refundable checkoff....

And I am paying checkoffs on R1 soybeans ....how ****ing stupid is that?????

Comment

Good to hear some people are getting some decent results.

Comment

30 bu/ac of tough beans harvested NE Edmonton yesterday. Somewhat immature in patches were they were snowed flat so they did not quite make it. Field looked good all season being fairly clean of weeds. I expected more. So soybeans for our area are not quite ready which is too bad since we need other crop choices then the wheat/canola routine with the wheat being weak in a super short season as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
              30 bu/ac of tough beans harvested NE Edmonton yesterday. Somewhat immature in patches were they were snowed flat so they did not quite make it. Field looked good all season being fairly clean of weeds. I expected more. So soybeans for our area are not quite ready which is too bad since we need other crop choices then the wheat/canola routine with the wheat being weak in a super short season as well.
              Don't feel bad ...go to newagtalk and look at the pictures of the soybeans that are wrinkled, and partly black...

If it freezes and they stay out ..your yield might go down but you won't lose to much on quality in the cold..

Comment

In our area only slightly better than Justin Trudeau. Just not ready, but maybe someday. Him never.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...