• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Thanks for the sun and the fact that i live in these wide open spaces far away from the city !
    Ditto

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5906.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	766846

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Good to know so the Madds make a difference.
      You can see clearly why they work so much better . Case narrow wire tend to get straw pinned up thus reducing capacity of grain threshing. That’s why they can be so finicky even in slightly tougher conditions.
      These pictures are from this morning, straw and grain were still good last night when we shut down at 11:30 ....... doing wheat .
      Madds ...

Case ....

Comment

furrow , did you always have two ?
        No , our Case dealer rented us the 9230

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          No , our Case dealer rented us the 9230
          Some dealers won't rent SFA ...they are in the business of selling is what I am told.....true....and they use Ritchie Bros every quarter....and for pricing trades....

Comment

This beautiful weather opens the door to big fall building projects for us 👍

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              You can see clearly why they work so much better . Case narrow wire tend to get straw pinned up thus reducing capacity of grain threshing. That’s why they can be so finicky even in slightly tougher conditions.
              These pictures are from this morning, straw and grain were still good last night when we shut down at 11:30 ....... doing wheat .
              Madds ...

Case ....
              Thats a good pic furrow
              Should send that to murray

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C86CF89F-A905-45EC-A9D7-B76243C83491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	766849
                Seed alfalfa , no blanks , no other mods
                Just madd concaves
                Seed ready for the drill
                Incidentally , alfalfa seed is 50 cents a pound and no one wants it
                Hope these savings are getting passed on to you cattle guys ?
                Last edited by Guest; Oct 21, 2018, 14:08.

Comment

[ATTACH]3568[/ATTACH]

Incidentally , alfalfa seed is 50 cents a pound and no one wants it
                  Hope these savings are getting passed on to you cattle guys ?
                  Oh yeah, a lot cheaper. Down to $3.50/lb from $4.50/lb - I guess the inoculant must be expensive LOL.

Comment

Should trade some if that grade a barley/grass fed beef for some of this worthless seed

Comment

Caseih- if my memory is correct a few years ago I bought 27 bags at 50# and the bill was about 9000.00
                      It was mostly alfalfa then brome and Timothy. Ducks unlimited gave back 100.00 dollars a bag.
                      So in the end it was pretty close to five dollars a pound.

That’s a beautiful looking hoper full, that case sure does a nice job.

Comment

What variety of alfalfa is it?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
                          What variety of alfalfa is it?
                          we have Longview and Algonquin , about 1000 bu of each

Comment

Our Iron Maiden has "Madd" style seperator grates. It has regular wide or narrow(depending what you put in) spaced concaves ahead of them. I thought it would make it very tough to unplug a rotor by reversing it, since they look like they would prevent the slug from (easily)moving in the opposite direction of the rotor's normal rotation. "Fortunately" we never had to find out this year.

Has anyone had the misfortune of finding out how they stand up to a foreign object, a rock or hunk of metal? Better than or worse than regular concaves?
                            Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 21, 2018, 18:22.

Comment

we have Longview and Algonquin , about 1000 bu of each
                              Wouldn't need a lot in terms of your quantities but I could take some as I'm planning on frost seeding some in the spring. I'd pay you a good better than you are getting now.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...