• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola dry, wind blowing we’re going. South of us guys canola testing 13.5. There’s advantages to being in hills.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      241 c looks good but longer I think might add some next year. We like the straight cut for damage control in s shity fall.

Canola 10.6 to 11.6 it’s go time we will bag and bin later. Outside rounds go home to dryer.

SK3, how'd that caseih do compared to the jd's in terms of losses and sample quality?

Comment

Mb is a mixed bag. RRV is basically done i would est 10 maybe 20 percent beans and 50 percent corn left. West and north is worse lots of flat cereals in some areas and a good chunk of canola too. SC canola is flat as piss on a plate fighting mud. Also fighting mud in beans.

Lots of tough grain getting shoved in air bins will make for nasty surprises this winter no doubt.

Elevators are buying lots of tough canola

Comment

Comment

92% done here
            just alfalfa left
            really good crop all around here
            still can't get anyone to sell spring stored fertilizer here ?

Comment

Southwest Mb. "standing" canola is testing in the 8's today. Wheat and beans are done. We will hopefully finish tomorrow.

Comment

Reached the finish line at 5pm. This is 43 days in swath! From all canola threatened by WINTER SNOW ICE, to last of the 65 acres testing 6.9%. Ranged from today 6.9 to 12.3 started Oct 3. Averaged about 10.5% and ice cold except today. Weather is something NOBODY can predict, screw all climate scientists/lairs/crooks on the take! Keep at it, safely, get enough rest. Weather could be fine till Jan now? Who knows? Certainly not till 2040!Click image for larger version

Name:	026 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	766839Click image for larger version

Name:	031.jpg
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	766840
                Best overall farm yield of canola in my 50 years! Our Deere is typically 1% or less dockage. Ran flawlessly all fall, not a minute of downtime.
                Last edited by fjlip; Oct 18, 2018, 22:24.

Comment

We will be a while yet here in the NW

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                    We will be a while yet here in the NW
                    Lots of threshing to go around here. Many have wheat off. Swear none got a dry bushel. Have a couple days of barley and all wheat left myself. Working on canola now. It’s dry but cereals still tough. I swath everything still and barley is ugly sprouted but wheat not bad, still probably a feed. At this point I don’t care but to finish canola and deal with the rest after. Seriously considering going back to cps. If you’re gonna grow feed wheat may as well grow what they want. If everything goes good I need 7 days to finish.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	YL7AhdPvSleGujs7WDlVGA.jpg
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	766841

Pickup and front end a 10.

Tilting sieves are good.

It Feeds really nice.

Lots of power.

Ladder at back is really nice.

Finally fixed the screen on the rad.

You still have to have heavier springs in that transition box on front.

Kept right up to the Deeres,

The sample was similar.

Yield loss similar.

Downfalls.

The cab is smaller.

Hopper needs cameras and better when full sensors.

Chopper I would go with Redekop on back.

Basically, it's not bad at all.

Compared to Class I would go Case over that machine we used last fall. Now tracks were nice on the Class.

S790 Coming yet and maybe the Fendt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	deN2Jw3hRQ6Zfg5PEL%3xQ.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	766842

Comment

I did like most of the features and if they could take some from all makes what a combine would that be.

They are pricing for us. So who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          I did like most of the features and if they could take some from all makes what a combine would that be.

They are pricing for us. So who knows.
                          Have they sold their soul to the Devil and started paintng them John Deere green

Comment

for guys that mention cabs ....if you ever drove a open air combine or a 750 massey or a 7720 deere....really the cab is never an issue...besides I have to hear the combine since i usually turn the radio off anyway...

Comment

Like, dumb****ledfarmer.

Comment

First load of dry canola this year at 5 yesterday. In the morning started at 12.2.
                                Should make it given the forecast
                                That is a relief
                                800 left. swathes finally dry enough to do better than crawl

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...