• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fall spraying.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
    newguy
    consider the info in the following link in your decision
    your soils likely contain higher OC and biology to metabolize the shit you want to apply but long term the chem farming approach is proving obsolete
    Sorry here's the link
    https://grdc.com.au/resources-and-publications/grdc-update-papers/tab-content/grdc-update-papers/2016/02/herbicide-residues-in-soils-are-they-an-issue-northern

Comment

Not too late at all. The cold came early and just like us, the weeds were not ready. They will be sucking in everything big time this week

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
        Not too late at all. The cold came early and just like us, the weeds were not ready. They will be sucking in everything big time this week
        I don't think it matters how ready the plants were for winter as much as how many were killed outright by the heavy frost. If they're dead they're dead.

Comment

Go double rate.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
            Go double rate.
            How about leaving it in the jug or tote and saving the cost of sprayer depreciation by not running it over the field for "almost" nothing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              How about leaving it in the jug or tote and saving the cost of sprayer depreciation by not running it over the field for "almost" nothing!!!!
              Canada Thistle, stinkweed, hawksbeard, sow thistle, quackgrass.
              The sprayer is the most important machine on a farm. This is one of those perfect weather situations where there is a good chance to really clean up your land.

Comment

In sixty years of farming I have to say there is more obsolete austranadas than innovative farming practices.

Comment

Everything clean but one Half in. The sand. A virtual carpet of 4 inch wide hawks beard.
                  I will put up with the sprayer in the shop for another week ,just to hit that.
                  Maybe there are spring solutions,
                  But I know the fall one will work

Comment

Originally posted by binthere View Post
                    In sixty years of farming I have to say there is more obsolete austranadas than innovative farming practices.
                    Depends what you call innovative doesn't it, and what your perception of an austranada is. I suggest you do a self test by raising your right hand to about head height and moving it swiftly from left to right across your mugshot until the desired effect is achieved. Newguy will just lock himself out of the markets to sell his commodities, and after sixty years you're just going to encourage him. Mainstream chemical ag is well on its way out. The sooner you realize that the better.

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
                      Depends what you call innovative doesn't it, and what your perception of an austranada is. I suggest you do a self test by raising your right hand to about head height and moving it swiftly from left to right across your mugshot until the desired effect is achieved. Newguy will just lock himself out of the markets to sell his commodities, and after sixty years you're just going to encourage him. Mainstream chemical ag is well on its way out. The sooner you realize that the better.
                      And you are so much smarter than everyone else on here
                      We will all be here long after guys like you are long gone
                      You are probably too smart thats why you cant farm

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        And you are so much smarter than everyone else on here
                        We will all be here long after guys like you are long gone
                        You are probably too smart thats why you cant farm
                        You should get your husband's permission before carrying on like you do on this thread. I said stick to facebook for banter. What do you think newguy should do? What are the long term implications of buying quick fix chemical solutions aside from producing some commodities that the market isn't wanting anymore? I'm well aware he's asking about a post harvest application. I was one of the first to run the 854 Rogators in the early 90's when preharvest gly was first registered. The chemical treadmill is a dead end, do the self test until you wake up.

Comment

Newguy wasnt asking for your opinion though, he was asking what people thought of spraying after so much frost
                          But thats ok you can call people stupid and put everyone down that isnt organic
                          “Slap yourself in the mugshot “ **** what a ****ing joke

Comment

From my experience, you first want to see target weeds with some life remaining in them.
                            Then look for a nice day preceded by a frost free night and followed by a frost free night.
                            I have had good results.

Comment

Just another participation award winning key board warrior. To funny. Preaching the same crap sjws love to chant. Zombie effect. Many have realised to do the opposite of the sky is falling heretics. Sorry your feelings are hurt. Bahahaha.

Comment

[QUOTE=binthere;392638]Just another participation award winning key board warrior. To funny. Preaching the same crap sjws love to chant. Zombie effect. Many have realised to do the opposite of the sky is falling heretics. Sorry your feelings are hurt. Bahahaha. Spray on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...