• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did 2500 bus canola in one bin at 12.5 moisture down to 9 in 2 days at 150 deg . Cooled over night and hauled it in .
    Again still learning as we go here.

Comment

Furrow; do you know if you're getting any moisture change when you cool the grain down and if so how much? How are you measuring your air temp? Are these temps you're talking about what the machine is set to or are you measuring it at the air fan on the bin? Conley guys said they're losing almost half the temp between what machine is set at and what the air is coming out of the rocket at. As a side note it sounds like these Conley guys are out to lunch with their pricing. They want $10,650 for a month rent!!! You're unit sounds just as good for 1/3 the price! I'm Arctic Therm a call...
      Last edited by OvernOut; Oct 12, 2018, 22:45.

Comment

Thank you we are done tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by OvernOut View Post
          Furrow; do you know if you're getting any moisture change when you cool the grain down and if so how much? How are you measuring your air temp? Are these temps you're talking about what the machine is set to or are you measuring it at the air fan on the bin? Conley guys said they're losing almost half the temp between what machine is set at and what the air is coming out of the rocket at. As a side note it sounds like these Conley guys are out to lunch with their pricing. They want $10,650 for a month rent!!! You're unit sounds just as good for 1/3 the price! I'm Arctic Therm a call...
          Yes if anyone want tech info call them.
          We got ours from Brett at Morinville .
          They do have a 1-800 number .
          They were excellent to talk to a give info on drying grain .

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            If that cash went to revamping their super computers to generate the GDPS and RDPS models, it was a waste of cash. Those models have been the most consistently wrong out of all of them IMO this year.
            yr.no

Who else can better predict the weather forecast in (place community name here), SK CANADA than a weather app from Norway?
            They may be slightly off but no !ALERTS! at 4:30 am every day.
            I don’t like the existing situation but good grief, give your balls a tug and look out the window, you will figure it out for yourself.
            The reliance on technology for weather, machinery, agronomy, daily driving vehicles, domestic schedules/ marching orders is disgusting. Who is farming who?

Comment

Originally posted by OvernOut View Post
              Furrow; do you mind me asking what the approx cost was to rent a 600K btu unit? I'm looking a Artic Therm or Conelly Max. The 700k btu Conelly is $2850/week and burns about 100gal fuel every 13hrs. How is the AT on fuel? Did you run them 24/7? How big are your air fans on bin? Any spoilage? how full did you fill the 5000's? I'm dealing with 26,000 cold barley that quite damp and want to get it down about 4 points to go to feedlot. Thanks.
              Rent fir $2850.00/ week ?
              You can buy a frost fighter heater for near that
              I have not compared specs on the two heaters but I am quite sure you will burn more diesel with frost fighter. I used a frost fighter to add heat to aeration to dry hemp. It worked so well somebody stole it!!

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                I have not compared specs on the two heaters but I am quite sure you will burn more diesel with frost fighter. I used a frost fighter to add heat to aeration to dry hemp. It worked so well somebody stole it!!
                Yes frost fighters work very well too .

Comment

About 2.5usg/h for my 375000btu model.
                  Last edited by biglentil; Oct 13, 2018, 06:28.

Comment

yr.no

Who else can better predict the weather forecast in (place community name here), SK CANADA than a weather app from Norway?
                    They may be slightly off but no !ALERTS! at 4:30 am every day.
                    I don’t like the existing situation but good grief, give your balls a tug and look out the window, you will figure it out for yourself.
                    The reliance on technology for weather, machinery, agronomy, daily driving vehicles, domestic schedules/ marching orders is disgusting. Who is farming who?
                    Well, yr.no has us down for a fair bit of cloud and small showers for Oct 20-22. If that computer in Norway is right I'll send it a bitcoin. If it's wrong I'll send it a power surge

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Yes frost fighters work very well too .
                      Furrow do you have temp cables in your bins? If so, how warm does the grain get as it is close to dry? I was assuming that you had 160-180F air going into the bin, but perhaps the temp is measured internal on the heater and the temp going into the grain is much less.

Comment

Buddy of mine used one of those rigs to dry canola in an 8000 bu flat floor bin tow years ago. Worked fairly well. Air temp from the discharge was around 160F and once it was mixed by the 10hp bin fan the plenum temp was 30-34C going into bin. This resulted in over drying off course so when they hauled it in some loads were above 10% moisture and then some was as low as 7% so they paper blended it at elevator. All canola went in to elevator and none was lost.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                          Furrow do you have temp cables in your bins? If so, how warm does the grain get as it is close to dry? I was assuming that you had 160-180F air going into the bin, but perhaps the temp is measured internal on the heater and the temp going into the grain is much less.
                          No temp cables
                          Grain hauled in was 20-25 deg if not cooled
                          We rain some for three days then just shut heater done let air fan cool it hauled it out next day , that stuff down to 5 deg

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            No temp cables
                            Grain hauled in was 20-25 deg if not cooled
                            We rain some for three days then just shut heater done let air fan cool it hauled it out next day , that stuff down to 5 deg
                            I originally thought you were putting 60 degree C air into the plenum. Just couldn’t understand how canola that hot would be safe. Now that I find out it more like 30-35C that makes more sense.

Thought maybe you were onto something new with 60 degree canola.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                              I originally thought you were putting 60 degree C air into the plenum. Just couldn’t understand how canola that hot would be safe. Now that I find out it more like 30-35C that makes more sense.

Thought maybe you were onto something new with 60 degree canola.
                              Yup about 100 deg F going into fan on bin at 160 deg F setting on unit
                              There is a bit of cool outside air that gets into fan on bin .

Comment

a real genuine thank you to sask energy for keeping gas coming to our dryer and not playing the federated coop game and creating a shortage and jacking prices
                                the whole system must be working to capacity with all the cold nights (-17 here one night , no shit) and all the grain drying going on

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...