• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah supper

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Ah supper
      And you expect that to feed all us Agrivillers? 😋
      I would like a spiced Caesar to go with that. 😋

Comment

It was so juicy and good.

Comment

Going to try durum, wheat, and canola tomorrow with each combine to see where things stand. Hope I don’t get tired doing all that in one day.
          It’s going to be hard to get back into the groove.
          Hoping something is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
            Going to try durum, wheat, and canola tomorrow with each combine to see where things stand. Hope I don’t get tired doing all that in one day.
            It’s going to be hard to get back into the groove.
            Hoping something is ready.
            Heard canola at 16 , wheat back to 21-22 locally . Be Wednesday before it’s reasonable me thinks here.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              Heard canola at 16 , wheat back to 21-22 locally . Be Wednesday before it’s reasonable me thinks here.
              But we had 1/2 to 1 inch rain here on Friday on already tough grain and snow on swaths and flat wheat yet . Every place will be different for sure after this fukin horrible weather

Comment

What will you guys with dryers do this week, go as early as you can and keep drying or believe the forcast and wait for nature to dry? I assume if you are set up you'd just keep going but can imagine you gotta be tired of moving grain and paying gas bills. I hope to be going dry or close by Wednesday. Just about everyday I run into someone else around here who hasn't taken a bushel off yet in 2018, area 25% or so I'd guess. Hope the forcast is right we're gonna need it.

Comment

Nothing "fancy" in the Ghetto....

Beef filet mignon...medium. With home grown cherry tomatoes(courtesy of my sister) and LEFT OVER mashed potatoes(with lots of artery clogging butter added when they were mashed)....the ****en dog would starve here if it had to live solely off table scraps...lol. All washed down with pallet-cleansing fridge cold tap water...the kind that explains why I am the way I am(you know, there's gotta be something in the water he drinks kinda water!)

Then after harvest...the two short days we need to fold the 2018 harvest circus tent for good....I will cook the rest of that beef tenderloin that is aging in my fridge. First cut it into pieces and throw some steak spice on it and chuck it back in the fridge...then celebration time.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                    What will you guys with dryers do this week, go as early as you can and keep drying or believe the forcast and wait for nature to dry? I assume if you are set up you'd just keep going but can imagine you gotta be tired of moving grain and paying gas bills. I hope to be going dry or close by Wednesday. Just about everyday I run into someone else around here who hasn't taken a bushel off yet in 2018, area 25% or so I'd guess. Hope the forcast is right we're gonna need it.
                    We plan on starting tough hopefully to be dryish with in a few days . Start filling drier bins then move to air bins after that .
                    But yes hopefully dry grain by weekend. Hopefully not just a dream

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Or do like most guys in our area hire a Cat or track hoe and clean along the fence then mow once a year. Even on rented. It has a cost.
                      The D8 will be moved here this winter and clear most of the remaining trees on these four quarters. We’ll leave a few ugly hillsides and ravines alone but everything else goes and new fence will be put up next year unless the crummy weather continues and harvest does not. We just don’t have time to do it now so fixing it is. Looking at getting a vibrator for the hoe to put posts in through frost even. We prefer chemical over mowing as it’s quicker and gets the weeds as well.

Comment

You guys are making me jealous after having KD for supper after fixing fence all day in the snow and mud ironically for my cows😉. But for drinks it’s gotta be kraken spiced rum and Canada Dry🥃

Here as for combining if the machine will eat it then it goes. When you have the hatch open on the tandem and your arm up to your elbow pulling grain out to get it flowing you know the propane guy is doing his happy dance and it’s shaping up just like the previous two harvests as well. Haven’t threshed any dry grain since 2015......... almost forget what that’s like anymore.

Good luck everyone 🍀

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          We plan on starting tough hopefully to be dryish with in a few days . Start filling drier bins then move to air bins after that .
                          But yes hopefully dry grain by weekend. Hopefully not just a dream
                          Looking at the forecast with a potential Indian summer, I’d say by Wednesday it should be close to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                            Looking at the forecast with a potential Indian summer, I’d say by Wednesday it should be close to dry.
                            we gotta get rid of our 3" wet white shit first , you didn't get it ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                              we gotta get rid of our 3" wet white shit first , you didn't get it ?
                              Less than an inch and most melted yesterday.

I’m probably just wishful thinking anyways.....haven’t seen dry grain since September 4th. 🙈

Comment

Did Kamsack get snow this morning?

We got a light shower at Regina.

The farm looks like some more shit on Radar.

Won't be going till wed I'm thinking now. That will be using the dryer first then elevator then bag.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...