• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

September employment figures .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know where you are coming from Jazz and Sf3. In our small town that is getting smaller we are getting another fast food place. Darri queen. Every time I go to these places the thing I notice is the people that are there are not tax payers. Lot of good people that are retired and people that can’t help it. Is this a big benefit to our economy?
    I don’t come on here very often as I have enough girlfriends to stir the pot.....

Comment

Jump in Cdn jobs was via government, part-time.

Full-time jobs declined about 17,000 in Sept.

Comment

Fake news grass fake news!

Comment

If the big concern of posters is about part time versus full time jobs then you should have been happy with the August figures as they showed a 40,000 gain in full time employment. Strange though, I still don't remember much outrage about the unemployment rate throughout the Harper Government's reign when unemployment rates were substantially higher.

Comment

Again Part-Time and Gov Jobs.

Yea Trudeau is winning.

How can some of you support this fool?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0245.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	766800

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
              Jump in Cdn jobs was via government, part-time.

Full-time jobs declined about 17,000 in Sept.
              Full time jobs are the ones that pay bills
              Part time jobs help you live in a cardboard box 📦

Comment

I agree part-time jobs like Tim Hortons and Dairy Queen and A&W don't pay a lot of bills and move the economy.

Gov jobs cost us.

Comment

I'd like some welfare and disability numbers. Seems like getting a job and banging yourself up to collect disability is a hot commodity these days. Very popular amongst late baby boomers who want to retire early - Freedom 45 with a few less fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                    I'd like some welfare and disability numbers. Seems like getting a job and banging yourself up to collect disability is a hot commodity these days. Very popular amongst late baby boomers who want to retire early - Freedom 45 with a few less fingers.
                    That’s exactly what is going on with a lot of lazy buggers lately .... completely abusing the system, especially in government jobs ... costing tax payers a fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      That’s exactly what is going on with a lot of lazy buggers lately .... completely abusing the system, especially in government jobs ... costing tax payers a fortune.
                      This sunbject reminds menif my 27 year old helper last year. We had a coffee at the neighbors, a retired bachelor. He described how his pension was not extreme but if he was careful with spending he would be able to live without too much stress or discomfort.
                      My helper genuinely said “ thats great, I want to be retired.”
                      I provided the insight that there was about 45 years of working and cpp contributions before collecting pension. The helper was kind of disappointed with that!

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Trudeau is a perfect example of doing nothing his entire life and costing taxpayers.

Comment

Bucket

"Trudeau is a perfect example of doing nothing his entire life and costing taxpayers."

You can substitute many other politician's names in place of Trudeau's. The biggest calf on the tit is Steven Harper. Resume reads mail room clerk as job experience. How much pension is he getting or going to get shortly?

You can look at past PMs and some of them at least were lawyers or business owners.

To me we let Paul Martin slip away, he was turning this country around. But, Harper rallied the base and convinced Canadians he was our man, who with F all business knowledge could right the ship. What a bunch of horseshit.

Besides what did Harper ever do for Ag while in power? I can think of at least three policy changes he made while in power that have come up very recently in posts where the posters are questioning those changes. Oh, I forgot him and Mr Ostrich got rid of the CWB. Bucket how many times here on Agriville have you written posts criticizing the move now, that there was never a plan B in place after the CWB was gone?

So basically the majority of Agriviller's need not point fingers at everybody else, you all voted for Harper and that is why we are at the place we are right now. You gave up on Martin, who ran a huge successful business for a Mail Room Clerk. So in other words it wasn't the most qualified person to be the PM of the country but rather the one who was leading the Reform/ Alliance/Conservative party. Closet Boy was a dud from the get go and it took only one majority won term and he was out on his fat ass.

Comment

Wow forage can you get any stupider. You surpassed any post up to now.

Trudeau is a fluky and you go back to Harper.

Liberals are a special breed.

Comment

Forage you can come down off your soapbox now. How conveniently you forget about the sponsorship scandal that illuminated the corruption within the federal liberal party which included your hero Mr Paul Martin. Followed by a continued series of leaders unappealing to the Canadian electorate The Liberal part was largely responsible for its own undoing during that period

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                I can bet the jobs created are min wage and low paying.
                                SF3 I couldn't have said it better! Not too many good paying jobs are being created, of course the CBC doesn't report that!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...