• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Troubleshooting grain gaurd aeriation heater

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

Whats left of 4000 bushels binned at 17 now 8%.
    That's not bad, how long did it take.
    Usually 16 down to 10 or so takes about 5 to 6 days depending on the humidity and cold day or night roughly fill the bin to 4500.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
      Do you get lots of temp increase alarms in the summer with the temp cable that close to the rocket?
      Thats one of only two bins in the yard with those style of temp cables. I do not have the reader for them, been meaning to get one.

Comment

Biglentil,

What diameter hopper bin are you using? What size fan and heater? From earlier threads it sounded like you just ran it during the day, is that what you did?

Looked like it did a great job. Did you turn the bin at all during the drying?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
          Biglentil,

What diameter hopper bin are you using? What size fan and heater? From earlier threads it sounded like you just ran it during the day, is that what you did?

Looked like it did a great job. Did you turn the bin at all during the drying?

Thanks
          Pretty sure its 18', 5hp centrifugal fan, 375000 btu indirect heater, yes only filled tank with 25 gallons in the morning so it would run out by 6 pm or so. Did that 7 times seems around a point drop a pass is what to expect. Let the cool night air bring temp back down and pull additional moisture out. As the cool ambient air warms in the bin so does the air's moisture holding capacity. Sun on the tin, which we hardly had, keeps condensation and bin rain to a minimum when heat is on. If an insulated bin exists that would be ideal. The static pressure was higher than I liked as air temp at the bin's plenum was 70C. I might change the main jet to a smaller size and the air setting to reduce heaters output as it's a bit much. Reducing the volume of canola in the bin would have helped reduce static pressure, increaced cfm and reduced inlet temperature. I did rotate a load out after two runs just to make sure everything was ok and it had dropped to 14 so I knew we where on the right track. Like I said before a drier is best but for our area the odd supplemental heat and baby sitting does the trick.

Disclaimer: Taking canola off at 17 is not recommended and so is playing with fire, do so at your own risk and monitor closely!
          Last edited by biglentil; Oct 9, 2018, 21:22.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	320B2D10-750C-497C-9604-EDB07FD26301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	766812Click image for larger version

Name:	EC11CB1B-4F7C-44C3-AEAC-A748C919D9F9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	766813here you go poor boy
            Went in at 14.5
            5 nights heat and fan