• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$500

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the 20 year monthly nearest zoomed in.
    The lower inclined line is a part of an Andrews fork.
    Notice how important $500 is to the multi-year chart. Has been since 2011
    Not putting this up to be obscure. Just to point out the charts have a message.
    Later.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Canola monthly nearest 20 yr Oct 18.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	766795

Comment

And those charts also tell you when the green count in October was still 20 percent and harvest was only 30 percent done in the major production areas ????

These are all based on normal harvests.....this is not a normal harvest...

Charts are historical info....they can't predict what will happen when the boats remain empty at the west coast or the crushers can't find any more 15 percent moisture canola...

Just saying ...not arguing....but there are some unknowns right now that charts can't predict....

And if I was sitting on any amount of dry #1 canola it wouldn't be sold without a very good premium attached to it....

But I am a cheerleader ...didnt grow canola this year

Comment

101..."Later"??? As in the chart message is later or as in "see you later" as you walk away laughing!

Bucket, I seem to keep getting the message that the fundamentals don't matter as much as what the chart indicates...I don't ****en know!

It would be interesting to know how many people use charts to help them market their grain.
        I have my opinion but know it means **** all.

Comment

I’m surprised we haven’t heard a price premium has already been included in the price due to inclement weather.
          In 6 days it will be a month since I turned a wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
            If canola doesn't take it out and close above by Friday, likely looking at a run to 440 ish. Will be a 4x attempt Gann signal. What can't go up must go down. We hit the roof imo for now
            I completely agree. I really don't want to with 100 % of my canola still out but i have to.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyFarmer View Post
              I completely agree. I really don't want to with 100 % of my canola still out but i have to.
              But we did close above 500, so now looking to take a run at 520 and then see what happens.
              Last edited by HappyFarmer; Oct 5, 2018, 18:49.

Comment

Later as in I had to get going and jump on some more canola to get it through the drier. Stuff flows so nice its hard to believe it's damp.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                  Later as in I had to get going and jump on some more canola to get it through the drier. Stuff flows so nice its hard to believe it's damp.
                  yes isn't it weird , drying canola at 14-15 flows and augers like dry ?
                  so what are our marketing instructions , 101? you usually give pretty good advice , lol

Comment

First order of the day is to make sure you don't burn down your drier or burn up your bin!

I'm looking for more small gains next week. Beans may be powering out. CAD rising and farmers wanting to market damp tough and barely dry canola should keep a lid on any canola moves higher. Not a seller right now. May move a bit if 11.25 pre year end appears. Very close at the plant now(11.10).

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      yes isn't it weird , drying canola at 14-15 flows and augers like dry ?
                      so what are our marketing instructions , 101? you usually give pretty good advice , lol
                      Most likely because it’s cured well , just tough.
                      Immature and tough is a different ball game .

Comment

First order of the day is to make sure you don't burn down your drier or burn up your bin!

I'm looking for more small gains next week. Beans may be powering out. CAD rising and farmers wanting to market damp tough and barely dry canola should keep a lid on any canola moves higher. Not a seller right now. May move a bit if 11.25 pre year end appears. Very close at the plant now(11.10).
                        thanks 101, always appreciate your market insight , I have none, lol

Comment

Yes 101 , thanks for your marketing insight 👍.
                          I am just trying to put one foot in front of the other right now. Have not looked at markets for a while.
                          Between breakdowns , delays , snow , rain , frost , family issues.. it’s hard enough just to try to keep focused on getting what we can off in such limited time frames .... so your posts are very much appreciated 101.
                          Ohh and have not had a hot shower in 5 days, hot water heater went and local plumber that installed the system is a fukin joke. Nothing like freezing to death all day then having to have a cold shower at mid night 🙄.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            I am just trying to put one foot in front of the other right now. Have not looked at markets for a while.
                            Between breakdowns , delays , snow , rain , frost , family issues.. it’s hard enough just to try to keep focused on getting what we can off in such limited time frames .... so your posts are very much appreciated 101.
                            Ohh and have not had a hot shower in 5 days, hot water heater went and local plumber that installed the system is a fukin joke. Nothing like freezing to death all day then having to have a cold shower at mid night 🙄.
                            Wow.....

Regarding marketing. Best not to put too much store in what anyone says or thinks especially me. Just one person's view. Do what's best for you and your business.

Comment

Wow.....

Regarding marketing. Best not to put too much store in what anyone says or thinks especially me. Just one person's view. Do what's best for you and your business.
                              Yes for sure , but it’s good to read your posts on here about marketing 👍. Much better than half the crap that gets spewed on here that’s for sure

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Just when you think things can’t get worse. My sympathies furrow. Can’t count the times in seeding or harvest when water or sewer problems always seem to appear. Everyone needs to keep perspective as we struggle with a harvest like this. As you say “one foot in front of the other”. If you are doing all you can that’s all you can do.

Oh by the way if you are using propane to dry order early and order often. Propane infrastructure was never intended to meet this kind of demand.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...