• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trains

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trains

What are y'all seeing?

Locally three elevators plugged again this week.

One just got their train yesterday - 3 days late

lots of oil moving here. the 50 car elevators are continually plugged 100+ car elevators get trains

Comment

Quorum will say everything is working great...then in about june of 2019 they will say the railways could have done better....

The railways are behind and won't catch up....even though this weather allows them that opportunity...

Cars are being cancelled where contracted grain is still out in the field but for some reason they don't redirect to areas that could load and get caught up...

Prices are also keeping grain from getting to elevator....

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
        What are y'all seeing?

Locally three elevators plugged again this week.

One just got their train yesterday - 3 days late
        Who is plugging elevators at these prices? Or presold grain?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Presold grain may still be in field or waiting for blending opportunities...

Next time I see a 6.25 offer for 5cwad someone slap me for not taking it.....****ing sat on the fence thinking 2cwad would be worth something or the spreads would narrow....stupid stupid stupid.

Comment

A lot of the people I haul for... pre harvest contracts, and lots of canola being dumped by guys without dryers... locals running specials buying up to 13 as dry.

Comment

A lot of the people I haul for... pre harvest contracts, and lots of canola being dumped by guys without dryers... locals running specials buying up to 13 as dry.
              Do you still find time for trucking along with directional drilling and harvest?

Comment

thats because graincos are short and won't bid the market...they don't have to....they have a stack of targets.....

Comment

Who in their right mind would sell with this weather bomb over us? There is huge chance now all the canola doesnt get harvested. Thats gotta be worth a price rally somewhere down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                    Who in their right mind would sell with this weather bomb over us? There is huge chance now all the canola doesnt get harvested. Thats gotta be worth a price rally somewhere down the road.
                    Guys that can haul 13 % moisture canola direct to the elevator and let them worry about it.....

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                      A bird in the hand is worth more than 6 in the bush.

Comment

movement here is crazy . seems you can haul whatever you want whenever you want . best we have had for years . we had about 30% of crop contracted . it's all gone plus some decent spot priced stuff also . we did dry nearly all of it , though. had a 22 cent canary target in , it went yesterday and it's gone . sure helped with bins

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                          A bird in the hand is worth more than 6 in the bush.
                          I've learned that when you panic, you make rash decisions. Patience pays in this business IMO.

Comment

Klause, what's your strategy, just curious? Sitting tight here, will freeze up tough canola with air and hold till I can get $11.25 or so.

You seem to post very interesting things, often leading edge from other countries. Your farm must do very well and your parents must be very proud.

Comment

Do you still find time for trucking along with directional drilling and harvest?
                              Yeah. I only work on big out of town projects and we are a premium crossing service so we get the high paying work others screw up or don't want to tackle.

When I'm not out there I'm in my truck lol.
                              Today, ardent Mills in Saskatoon

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181003_134653.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	766773

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...