• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon - Minmum Wage $15

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon - Minmum Wage $15

Starting Novemer 1, the largest employer in the US will be paying all theirvworkers a minimum $15. How inflationary do you think this will be? ( $15 US is almost $20 CDN.) just an interesting tid bit, Jeff Bezos is the richest man alive with $165 B.

Labor, like wheat and canola are subject to the laws of supply and demand. The US economy firing on all cylinders has a labor shortage so the price goes up. There are municipalities in west Texas that worry they will lose their workers to the private sector because there is a demand for oil field truckers. In Canuckistan, nobody ever leaves government for a true private sector job. I don't consider law or accounting firms or Canuckistanian banks as private sector. They are merely government appendages.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Labor, like wheat and canola are subject to the laws of supply and demand. The US economy firing on all cylinders has a labor shortage so the price goes up. There are municipalities in west Texas that worry they will lose their workers to the private sector because there is a demand for oil field truckers. In Canuckistan, nobody ever leaves government for a true private sector job. I don't consider law or accounting firms or Canuckistanian banks as private sector. They are merely government appendages.
      Did you ever wonder why govt workers rarely quit to go work in the private industry, especially those with masters degrees?

Comment

Good to know, maybe they'll hire a few thousand prairie farmers that couldn't get their crop off!

Comment

I hear what your saying $15 seems like a lot. But the reality is that $15 an hour barely is a survival wage today. None of our workers get less than $17...that is just something new we started a few months ago.

I think this is the perfect example of inflation. I looked it up. Us federal Minimum wage in 1950 was 75 cents per hour!! So that means we are now seeing a 20x increase in minimumwage. Which means the dollar has lost 95% of value since 1950....tothink of it another way...if you had $1,000,000 in 1950 today you would need $20,000,000 to buy the same thing. Or put another way if you could buy 100 cheese burgers with a days wage in 1950 now you can only buy 5 cheeseburgers today.

Inflation and in-crop weeds are the enemy

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...