• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New , New Holland combines

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New , New Holland combines

rumour has it today that local dealer dropped price of NH combines by $200k . new combine for $400k , 33% drop . anyone else hearing this ?
    Last edited by Guest; Sep 28, 2018, 07:09.

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    rumour has it today that local dealer dropped price of NH combines by $200k . new combine for $400k , 33% drop . anyone else hearing this ?
    Still too much. Nobody driving yellow around here anyway.

Dealers should suffer a little. Maybe the BTOs can get by with one less combine this year and we can get some sense back into the price of iron.

Comment

I assume they are still making money so think of the profit margin before the drop.

Comment

was talkin to a guy that bought a new one in June for full price , pissed

Comment

New Holland combines are fairly common around here. Nice to see some reality coming into the ag scene. Locally here some investor owned land got for sale signs posted in the past week. Mind you the intention of this land was to rezone it to industrial land but have now figured out that aint gonna happen. Think they also realized that its value as ag land aint going higher either.

Comment

Price of equipment has way outpaced any potential profit or farm product (grain, hay, beef) sales. Big correction coming to ag suppliers in my opinion. It has to. Not sustainable. One can hobby farm on the weekend and bag groceries at Safeway and take home more money.

Comment

Has anyone looked at the quarterly filings and seen the margins of these publicly traded dealerships? I use to follow titan machinery but I haven’t looked lately

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                Has anyone looked at the quarterly filings and seen the margins of these publicly traded dealerships? I use to follow titan machinery but I haven’t looked lately

Iceman
                Not sure how much the dealerships were makin , obviously some , but the mark up from factory has to be crazy to the dealer as well .

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Each take half off their margin , 16.5 % from New Holland and the same from dealer .... would not surprise me .
                  It would not be out of reality for a 30% margin to dealer from line Co. then 30% margin for dealer . 60% from factory floor ... sounds about most anything Ag related this past few years , it’s been retarded on too many levels .

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post

Iceman
                    Latest RME is just a hair over 2% profit recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      Latest RME is just a hair over 2% profit recorded.
                      Than why have they bought out Tisdale, Outlook and Olds dealerships in last few months?

Comment

A brand "new" combine could still be celebtating it's first or second birthday on a dealer's lot? Maybe it had to go? Sounds too good to be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Than why have they bought out Tisdale, Outlook and Olds dealerships in last few months?
                          Because RME is a public company scam and so they have to spend (investors) money to show perceived growth. This is nothing new, happens all the time. And I didn’t make it up, it is right there in their quarterly report.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                            Because RME is a public company scam and so they have to spend (investors) money to show perceived growth. This is nothing new, happens all the time. And I didn’t make it up, it is right there in their quarterly report.
                            I wasn’t doubting the numbers... was just questioning what they are doing.

Seems like expansion with tight margins is their game plan.

Comment

And this is why some of them are building multi million dollars shops, and I said shops.
                              We are being slaughter by everyone in the ag industry and thrown to the wolves.
                              How they can come crawling back begging for business when they see what’s happening is shameful.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...