• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wakey Wakey ag farm groups and politicians. Houston we have a Problem.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product leaves here raw because we don't have the population in this country ....thats why there isn't a pasta plant using our number 1 durum because it would look like macaroni after a trip over the roads and all the handling to get to population.

Same with lentils ...the best you can hope for is cleaned and bagged out of saskatchewan....or protein flour but that to will be funded by government in one form or another....

we could make dog food but by the time CFIA approves it and the process it would still be cheaper to buy regular dog food...

Long and short of most of my comments is that if you don't support farmers ...dont support the middleman either ...the guys like AGT or that hollywood director ....dont continue to fund scientists if, at the end of the day, no one wants our products....

OR else come up with a new CCA on bins that is 100 percent deduction and no recapture since we are storing the worlds food for them until they need it...

Although Africa is still starving maybe Trudeau could buy our pulses for a reasonable price and call it the canadian donation instead of writing a cheque to third world dictators to buy guns.

Comment

Some of this is simply will to implement. There are pasta plants down east where little durum is grown.

Canola oil and meal, pulse flour, ethanol, biodiesel, forages. Wheat flour. You can buy imported wheat flour from India right in the super market. Why?

Lots of possible products. Once you have higher value products in hand, then transportation costs are much more in line with whats being carried. Some could even now be trucked to destination.

Comment

if the pulse growers had a vote to change the mandatory check off to optional, it would have to be changed, wouldn’t it? If all plant owners refused to collect it and record-keep for the pulse board, they would have no mechanism to collect. This is a free country, isn’t it?

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Some of this is simply will to implement. There are pasta plants down east where little durum is grown.

Canola oil and meal, pulse flour, ethanol, biodiesel, forages. Wheat flour. You can buy imported wheat flour from India right in the super market. Why?

Lots of possible products. Once you have higher value products in hand, then transportation costs are much more in line with whats being carried. Some could even now be trucked to destination.
          Biodiesel...what happened to Milligan biofuels??????

Imported wheat flour from india....hmmm there is something they could tariff in response to the pulse issue?????Anyone make the ask for that or mention it to the liberal cabinet while in saskatoon????Just asking I don't shop that much to know shit about groceries...

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            if the pulse growers had a vote to change the mandatory check off to optional, it would have to be changed, wouldn’t it? If all plant owners refused to collect it and record-keep for the pulse board, they would have no mechanism to collect. This is a free country, isn’t it?
            Who decided to make it non refundable? All other check off are, although it is a hassle.

Comment

I have never asked for my checkoff money back....it allows to phone these guys and ask questions....answers are few and far between....accountability equals zero....

Comment

Although Africa is still starving maybe Trudeau could buy our pulses for a reasonable price and call it the canadian donation instead of writing a cheque to third world dictators to buy guns.[/QUOTE]

I think if that message was taken to the public / government in a respectful well presented manner by farm groups it would be pretty hard to turn down. It is completely logical and a win for taxpayers, farmers and most importantly starving people.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
                  Although Africa is still starving maybe Trudeau could buy our pulses for a reasonable price and call it the canadian donation instead of writing a cheque to third world dictators to buy guns.
                  I think if that message was taken to the public / government in a respectful well presented manner by farm groups it would be pretty hard to turn down. It is completely logical and a win for taxpayers, farmers and most importantly starving people.[/QUOTE]

Yes I think my messaging has to be cleaned up....but the idea is one that could be built on....told Carl Potts that idea over a year ago....saskpulse board members hadn't heard it from him ....but I have talked to board members about it and somehow the ****ing guy starts a conversation equating it to the ****ing wheat board....I kid you not....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    I think if that message was taken to the public / government in a respectful well presented manner by farm groups it would be pretty hard to turn down. It is completely logical and a win for taxpayers, farmers and most importantly starving people.
                    Not so fast bucket, not all of Africa is starving - parts are and parts are not - they are trying to grow more to feed the hungry. Dumping western grain on them just collapses the market of those trying to grow more food. Put those farmers out of business and everybody needs fed the next time around. You've got to teach them to grow more for themselves within the environmental constraints they have.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...