• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snowfall Warning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one I’ve heard for the past week is , “oh don’t worry , it will stand back up”
    Lol 🤥. Well every situation is different but I can guarantee the majority ain’t standing back up lol .

Comment

Yesterday there was promise in the forecast, was supposed to turn around after this snow. What a way to ruin a day by checking the weather!

I assume we will still get a window to get harvest done, at least most of it but could you imagine if this was it for the year for everyone on the prairies? What a game changer that would be.

Comment

Text or e mail all media.
        Wife did yesterday..
        The response she got was.
        "IS THERE A PROBLEM ON YOUR FARM?

Comment

Next two weeks. Not a single double digit in the forecast. Last time I had this strong a sense of foreboding, was when I left two thirds of my crop out in 2015.

The strangest thing, is there is zero melting. First time I have seen this in September. Not snow, the lack of melting, the soil temperature actually has dropped enough that it is not melting. Nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Are they seriously that ignorant???
            There is still 90% of the cereals out in over 1/3 of western Canada..... most likely higher that’s that when looking at yields and volume .. and the cereal crop in that area won’t be touched in general for 10 days at least with of without driers .
            Lol , oh well I guess “they” know better lol
            All the crop reports are ACRES HARVESTED, if 63% that is the S with poor yields this year. Bet that the VOLUME is way under half, but convince them how? Just can't be negative on any topic!

Comment

Most of Northern AB and SK will return to the muskeg from whence it came in the future. Farms will be abandoned like the SE was after the droughts of the 30's. Snow is now accumulating here so will first you need a spring melt and then it has to warm and dry up. Not much chance of that till May now.

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
                Well according to Grainmillers in Yorkton cereal crops in Saskatchewan are pretty much wrapped up except the north is a LITTLE behind. News Flash. It's not a small area who have most of their cereal crop out west and north side of Saskatchewan.
                Does anyone have any real idea of how much is left? Know most elevators ask every time you walk through the door and don't think it is for idle chat. It is recorded and forwarded to head office, wonder if they would share.

Comment

I just hope this temperature forecast is dead wrong ....

Or we are all done for the most part regardless of how much is left .

Comment

And just to kick us while we are down, did anyone notice that the usual suspect still had the nerve to start yet another global warming thread during the middle of this.

Kids are getting the snowmobiles out today, second time this fall. Too bad we can't ride most places due to crops being out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                      And just to kick us while we are down, did anyone notice that the usual suspect still had the nerve to start yet another global warming thread during the middle of this.
                      The issue with the followers of Al Gore there is no line they won’t cross and stooping to a new low level is simply an accomplishment.

Nothing should shock us with the climate alarmist kooks.....best to ignore these posters especially during this snowy stretch of a harvest delay.

Comment

All the forecasts seem to agree, game over for 2018! Just gets colder into Oct in ten day forecast...8 MONTH harvest delay? Economy is short $11 billion till then? Has never happened but could it?
                        Seems the COLD SHIT ends at US border, what lucky bastards. And them a record crop no doubt, prices crap out, nobody will want our weather damaged LOW quality junk.
                        Last edited by fjlip; Sep 22, 2018, 11:24.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...