• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum Price?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

19-Sep-2018 07:30:01 AM - CANADA 2018 DURUM WHEAT OUTPUT SEEN +15.0 PCT TO 5.71 MLN TONNES VS 4.96 MLN TONNES IN 2017

Comment

Italy took some durum in May and July. Total of a little over 100,000 t

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
        Italy no longer buying because of the roundup residues. At least you can still sell as feed and spray all the roundup on the crop you want.
        Italy is likely no longer buying because it has no $USD. Same is the case for China, India, Turkey and all the other places we ship our commodities to. This is the death knell for our farms. It is over.

Comment

Lentil and pulse acres probably went to durum....reduction in potential soy acres also probably affected the durum number....

Too bad our farm group representatives (cough) could not correlate the impact of shitty pulse prices coupled with limited movement.

And people think this crop will move ...what a ****ing joke...inventories are rising here and markets are disappearing ...meanwhile the issue gets zero interest from politicians...

The liberals have shit on western oil exports, completely ignore ag in western canada....and the farm groups are silent...keep this up and I might as well buy a teepee to live in as well...

Trudeau can't keep pulling the spark plugs out of the canadian economy's engine and expect the engine to run on 2 cylinders...dairy and auto....can he????

they are both government supported... some of the rest of the economy has to pay for his incompetence.

Comment

Durum and lentil acres will never come down. Firstly, a .17 green lentil still pays more than a $6 yellow pea. Chickpeas can be an adventure to grow with high risk. So what does a guy grow as a pulse in the rotation? Chickpeas have slid from 70 plus cents to maybe 21 today. Every dog grew more because of it. I was one of those dogs, but only grew them because of a couple half sections had root rot. I hadn’t grown them since 13.
            Durum growers say they won’t grow wheat because it yields way less and pays less. So let’s flood that small market. I grow a lot of durum but also put in 7 quarters of wheat just to have some.
            For the second year now wheat is out yielding the durum by a big difference, and at today’s price is paying more.
            Durum and lentils have been the staple crop for those who can grow but big acres of both were going to hurt eventually. I can’t see a reduction in either come next spring.
            By the way I grew $6 peas thinking I would be the only one guess I was wrong.

Comment

What we should do is research and develop a lentil and pea variety that would grow 100 bpa ....then we can sell them for 1.50 a bushel and beat our chests....

Sadly thats the logic of our saskpulse board....

Grow more make less....if you grow less you are organic or if you ask for an adhoc payment it somehow gets turned into a CWB discussion.....

I shit you guys not ....thats how the conversation went with a saskpulse board member...

Comment

Bucket I hear ya, farmers really should be rioting at the doors of these check-off funded, commodity reps. Them representing us has been as dismal as the Ag minister from PEI

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                  Bucket I hear ya, farmers really should be rioting at the doors of these check-off funded, commodity reps. Them representing us has been as dismal as the Ag minister from PEI
                  We have a federal ag minister? Honestly though, i wonder if less damage is done if federal ag ministers are as incognito as "what's his name". If we aren't on their radar, they can't bend us over.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                    We have a federal ag minister? Honestly though, i wonder if less damage is done if federal ag ministers are as incognito as "what's his name". If we aren't on their radar, they can't bend us over.
                    Both provincial and federal agencies ministers are incognito. ...the new provincial one has nothing to say....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      What we should do is research and develop a lentil and pea variety that would grow 100 bpa ....then we can sell them for 1.50 a bushel and beat our chests....

Sadly thats the logic of our saskpulse board....

Grow more make less....if you grow less you are organic or if you ask for an adhoc payment it somehow gets turned into a CWB discussion.....

I shit you guys not ....thats how the conversation went with a saskpulse board member...
                      same goes with the canola council, grow more for less, but they dont factor in the costs and risks for us to push yields, yet end up with the same gross return per acre. But then again, all they care about is getting more check off funds from the increased production.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...