• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conventional Canolas 'Round the World

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think RR1 canola is off patent soon. Lots of rr1 beans around

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
      I think RR1 canola is off patent soon. Lots of rr1 beans around
      Don't worry, they will decommission them and with the help of the canola growers and they will still throw you in jail for growing them.

Comment

No need to go around the world to access conventional Canola. I bought this stuff for $3 a pound this spring. Seemed to grow good, still waiting on the rain to harvest it though.
        https://6kingseed.com/seed-products/ua-alfagold-canola/

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
          No need to go around the world to access conventional Canola. I bought this stuff for $3 a pound this spring. Seemed to grow good, still waiting on the rain to harvest it though.
          thats interesting , never heard of it . look forward to harvest results

Comment

Been asking retailers for conventional non treated seed for years....they can't find it....thanks for the info...

I have been told that regular untreated canola will be out of the ground faster...makes sense since I seen mustard up very quickly...

Most guys with treated seed now still end up spraying for flee beetles ..

Heres my thinking...spread edge, seed, hit it with one pass of roundup before its up...check the wild oats in crop....

Might not be 100bpa crop but I am guessing there be a handsome net out of it without residual canola for years ****ing up possibilities....

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
              I see they let you reseed it for one yr after. Whats the in crop chemical program for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                I'm comparing apples to apples.

Europe grows a lot of spring OSR... And What I'm comparing is spring OSR to spring canola.

Winter **** in Europe routinely yields 30-40% more than spring seeded.

Spring seeded, conditions in southern AB and Red River Valley of Manitoba are very similar... Seed end of april / beginning of May, Harvest end of August/ September...
                How much rain does the Red River valley get? We got 7/10's of a F#%$*g inch on the crop after seeding this year. I have always been under the impression that Manitoba got a lot more rain then we do!

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  I see they let you reseed it for one yr after. Whats the in crop chemical program for it?
                  The seed grower will only recommend Edge, but I sprayed about a quarter of the acres with Solo and it never missed a beat. It has Clearfield parentage.

http://www.nrcresearchpress.com/doi/abs/10.1139/cjps-2016-0028

Comment

Originally posted by Ooofty View Post
                    How much rain does the Red River valley get? We got 7/10's of a F#%$*g inch on the crop after seeding this year. I have always been under the impression that Manitoba got a lot more rain then we do!

7/10 doesn’t do anything really. That is very depressing Oofty. We got 8-10.5 inches in 5 days between May 25 and June 5, it drowned a few hundred acres of lentils, then we didn’t get any rain the rest of the summer until last few days. At least the dry crop is in the bin. A bit of soggy bog still out. That’s the only consolation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...