• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday THANK YOUS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday THANK YOUS

I have a list started for this week some are repetitive but it highlights there importance

Thank you to the WGEA noticing the funding for the Churchill rail line that maybe a subsidy to the grain co involved...

Thank you to the graincos that make 5cwadfuzz worth more than a 3cwad and if I had signed any a month ago it would now be worth more than a 1cwad....

Thank you to the heavy truck manufacturers with codes that explain nothing to the local dealer but every fix will be 5000 plus...

Thank you for a little rain that shuts us down for a breather and now another heavy pour that will keep us from harvesting for a week minimum...

Thank you to the railways that are moving a whopping 350000 tonnes a week...and only 25 boats waiting...

Thank you to the Saskpulse board getting more funding for scientists and market development people...grow more make less is the mantra....not representing farmers...they represent industry and chemical companies...not one ****ing word about farmers in the latest announcements...

Oh and thank you to Viterra who hasn't seen my truck in their driveway yet...that one I am really proud of....they should be too...must be great to lose customers...

What is Viterra's plan for that mothballed terminal? Heaven forbid someone makes good use of it. ****en dog in the manger attitude!

Comment

Al least it was just rain, so be thankful for that......

Comment

Viterra doesn't give a rats ass about your business, my business or anybody's business, I found that out 3 years ago in a pea contract dispute and haven't darkened their door since.

Comment

Elevators should have the same policy for closure as the railways have for shitcanning a line....

They should be forced to sell it. ....so someone else could use it or it could actually benefit farmers....or save a new highway....

Comment

They don't want to sell the plants because of a liability issue if farmer goes broke..plus farmer will load rail cars...become competion..
            The learned that from this area..
            Cheaper to knock them down..

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              If your on crop insurance haul to viterra off the combine !
              But they had the highest price..7 buck wht..had to do it..

Comment

Thank you for coolant tanks fully above the head so I didn't cook the engine last week.
                Thank you for the wheat still standing after the snow.
                Thank you for long legs and strong arms so when I misstepped off sprayer trailer last night and nutted myself, I'm only bruised and not in hospital haha..
                Thankful I don't have new enough equipment to have to pay for all those codes and nonsense.

Comment

Thank you for politicians in Saskatchewan yesterday. They produced enough hot air that we could combine our last Canola, just with one combine due to fan colliding with rad on the other one. (Piss poor engineering).

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Thank you for politicians in Saskatchewan yesterday. They produced enough hot air that we could combine our last Canola, just with one combine due to fan colliding with rad on the other one. (Piss poor engineering).
                    new holland or case?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                      But they had the highest price..7 buck wht..had to do it..
                      partners , lucky for us that most guys can't make money growin wheat ? pretty good cash crop here , lol

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        new holland or case?
                        If PISS POOR engineering, would Deere's ridiculous engine fan drive setup. Only $18000 repairs....after our f*ckup, every greenlite fixed the SOB's!

Comment

Ok, you're going to be the first to get this.

I am thankful for getting weather that is totally back to normal Saskatchewan weather.

I am thankful for the Crop that I am harvesting.

I am thankful for the deals that are coming up when things hit the fan.

I am thankful for my family to be able to farm with me.

Also, I am very proud of our neighbours to the North who took time to go harvest 5 quarters of land for a neighbour that took his own life.

This is community spirit at its finest. Way to go guys.

Comment

I am always saddened by the loss of a fellow farmer by suicide...whether I knew them or not....

The early sunrises, the late sunsets, the haze of harvest that turns the sun orange,,,,gazing thru wheat as it augers into the semi...

Very few people on this earth witness the serene beauty of agriculture ...the others see it in video or pictures ...its not the same ....you can't feel or smell the air from a video or pictures....fresh turned soil in the spring or the smell of harvest whether it be freshness of wheat straw or the rotting of canola stubble..

Pictures or videos don't awaken your other senses....farmers witness it everyday...

I have slowly learnt by the clearness of the sky what the day will be ...still miss but have never quit learning which is what drew me back to the farm.....the learning on my terms and maybe with some luck the opportunity to teach another generation...

Comment

Nice comment Bucket.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...