• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Admit there is a problem interest rates and jobs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
    Who defaults first Errol? Italy ? Turkey? ..... but but but but low rates were the solution to prevent a crisis
    macdon . . . Not sure investors understand the seriousness of the emerging market collapse right now. Between emerging market collapse,, insanity of Trump tariffs and NASDAQ sell-off, global markets have lost $1.6 trillion in capital over just the past week.

Turkey, Italy and Argentina now in a uncontrollable, dead heat to the bottom. Pick em . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Correction ....Western Canada...the rest is just collateral damage...

Eastern Canada lives on government assistance...Autos, bombardier, just to name a couple industries that are intravenous money support...

All funded by Western industries....oil, agriculture, etc...
      Why would Trudeau support the auto sector? It's probably the biggest contributor to c02 'polution' in this country? Hypocrit.

Comment

[QUOTE=errolanderson;388433]macdon . . . Not sure investors understand the seriousness of the emerging market collapse right now. Between emerging market collapse,, insanity of Trump tariffs and NASDAQ sell-off, global markets have lost $1.6 trillion in capital over just the past week.

Turkey, Italy and Argentina now in a uncontrollable, dead heat to the bottom. Pick em . . . .[/QUOTE

I am quite ignorant on this subject.
        In organic farmer terms, they tried to make a recovery on volume...printed money.... then found a lender of last resort...Germany or the EU .....now the crop/economy has been too poor to recover and reality is going to set in like a bitterly cold prairie winter?

Comment

What needs to be watched for is the "contagion" where traders sell everything in the portfolio, including the good trades as it's simply risk on. Then like vultures they hunt for the next rung to let go and pound the ever living **** out of it till it kicks back or they have their pound of flesh.... no one absolutely no one will be a buyer of anything except Dollars when they exit their positions. Because each sell order needs a buy you get the vacuum to the next level. It's not the short sellers it's the lack of buyers, confidence is dead.

Comment

The Baltic Dry ocean freight index his now in-decline since mid-August. Global supply chains are beginning to seize-up. Dr. Copper has taken a turn-for-the-worse.

Global growth is now turning down, including the U.S. U.S. manufacturing declined in August.

In my opinion, a market quake has already begun. The question is now; where will it fit on the Richter scale . . . .

Comment

What needs to be watched for is the "contagion" where traders sell everything in the portfolio, including the good trades as it's simply risk on. Then like vultures they hunt for the next rung to let go and pound the ever living **** out of it till it kicks back or they have their pound of flesh.... no one absolutely no one will be a buyer of anything except Dollars when they exit their positions. Because each sell order needs a buy you get the vacuum to the next level. It's not the short sellers it's the lack of buyers, confidence is dead.
              Yes that happens 1st, then the wheels come off shortages happen. Venezuela coming to a living room near you. Papers only value is perceived.
              Last edited by biglentil; Sep 8, 2018, 21:15.

Comment

"Papers only value is perceived" ?

So who's money is at risk?

Not these guys!

The long scary read:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/07/the-real-goldfinger-the-london-banker-who-broke-the-world

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                  "Papers only value is perceived" ?

So who's money is at risk?

Not these guys!

The long scary read:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/sep/07/the-real-goldfinger-the-london-banker-who-broke-the-world
                  Never ever buy gold when USD is appreciating. Till we get a month end closing over 1362 or possibly as low as 852, not positive on 852 imo but i think it's still there. Its just like a combine in the shed in winter costing you money.... cheaper not to own it and it's not gonna do anything for you. Still fun to turn the lights on and look at it. I'm not so sure gold isn't totally done. There's an entire generation that's climatized to paying with plastic. Priorities are changing and gold won't make it through airport security without being seized. Xrays driving across. To be honest if gold is actually preferred over paper.... guns and ammo are needed to defend it and there's a very good chance govt is coming for it. Roosevelt took it so precedent is set. Better off owning the miners, they'll turn first and run the whole time.

Comment

Never ever buy gold when USD is appreciating. Till we get a month end closing over 1362 or possibly as low as 852, not positive on 852 imo but i think it's still there. Its just like a combine in the shed in winter costing you money.... cheaper not to own it and it's not gonna do anything for you. Still fun to turn the lights on and look at it. I'm not so sure gold isn't totally done. There's an entire generation that's climatized to paying with plastic. Priorities are changing and gold won't make it through airport security without being seized. Xrays driving across. To be honest if gold is actually preferred over paper.... guns and ammo are needed to defend it and there's a very good chance govt is coming for it. Roosevelt took it so precedent is set. Better off owning the miners, they'll turn first and run the whole time.

While fools play with paper that will end up being worthless....

https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/gold-reserves https://tradingeconomics.com/russia/gold-reserves

Comment

Buy dirt ....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Buy dirt ....
                        How much more appreciation could there possibly be left in farmland?
                        I will not rent land from someone who wants a safe place to park money and expect a decent rate of return on his investment if it means a rental rate that doesn't make one iota of sense to the guy farming it. Farm it yourself Mr. "Investor".

Is farmland a tool to make a living with or an investment or both. Can it serve both the farmer AND investor at the same time? Over what time frame? I know the farmer's time frame is yearly... I'm not spinning my wheels for someone else's benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          How much more appreciation could there possibly be left in farmland?
                          I will not rent land from someone who wants a safe place to park money and expect a decent rate of return on his investment if it means a rental rate that doesn't make one iota of sense to the guy farming it. Farm it yourself Mr. "Investor".

Is farmland a tool to make a living with or an investment or both. Can it serve both the farmer AND investor at the same time? Over what time frame? I know the farmer's time frame is yearly... I'm not spinning my wheels for someone else's benefit.
                          There's 3 types of inflation, demand, currency, and asset. The benefit of farmland is it can rally on all 3 at different points in time. The downside is the property tax as it's skimming your return. Taxes exceed what we pay in rent in some corn belt states. Just depends how many times we hear "the 1% must pay their share" as to how high they can go. The "investors" should start shifting back to equities rather soon i suspect. They been waiting to buy the dip and it ain't happening....DJ is up 30% since Nov 16. Can't touch that with land unless your owner operator.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                            The Baltic Dry ocean freight index his now in-decline since mid-August. Global supply chains are beginning to seize-up. Dr. Copper has taken a turn-for-the-worse.

Global growth is now turning down, including the U.S. U.S. manufacturing declined in August.

In my opinion, a market quake has already begun. The question is now; where will it fit on the Richter scale . . . .
                            And yet CN has ordered 200 plus new locomotive because of freight increases in North America....

Railways don't spend like that unless there is long term opportunity...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...