• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green pea prices....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green pea prices....

Green pea Producers... is a buck plus price premium over yellow peas a fair premium for quality green peas that might be in short supply? I don't like when people compare green pea prices to yellows under certain circumstances. Sometimes pea markets need to separate themselves from each other. Do greens need to be dragged down by yellow's woes?

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Green pea Producers... is a buck plus price premium over yellow peas a fair premium for quality green peas that might be in short supply? I don't like when people compare green pea prices to yellows under certain circumstances. Sometimes pea markets need to separate themselves from each other. Do greens need to be dragged down by yellow's woes?
    I sold 30k yellows for a whopping $6 two wks ago, then heard India took of the tariffs. I almost jumped out of the combine seat just wondering how much I lost? I was told $6 FOB was a good price and was advised to sell some. Eventually the tariffs will be lifted and the processors will who have stock piled will make a killing and we will ..... take a bath!!

Comment

Good thing our saskpulse represents processors instead of farmers that pay their wages....Carl potts wouldn't say when the tariffs are coming off but rest assured the buyers know before us....

Comment

Been watching green pea prices at stat publishing for the last 6 weeks. Greens have made 2 moves upward in the last 2-3 weeks. Were $8, now $8.50. pretty unusual moves for Aug - first week in Sept. I think.
        More upside to come, IMHO I'd start hauling at $9.50

Comment

"rest assured the buyers know before us...."

Agree, 1000%

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...