• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killing frost last night.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am truly dyslexic or maybe careless, I even read it twice and still got it wrong. Yes $12 million.

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/canola-hemp-industries-to-get-federal-funding-boost-492454841.html

Comment

late canola all turned white around here , a real shame , was some of the nicest canola I had ever saw.

Comment

Fields upon fields everywhere you go. A lot more damage than what is being talked about.
        But to you aaa holes at the terminal saying it's all good you better not be down grading anything after making those stupid comments.

Comment

A guys grazing corn here turned whitish. Soybean leaves were hanging a few hours later. Some reseeded canola on higher ground doesn't look too bad but was probably two weeks away from maturity.

As Maker would say...I don't think it "froze **** stiff" here. Our own weather station said minus two, but it has to go through zero and minus one on the way to minus two and back.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            late canola all turned white around here , a real shame , was some of the nicest canola I had ever saw.
            It will be interesting to see how hard this frost was for reducing yields and downgrading.

Comment

It wasn’t just a touch of frost here in Regina - It was a killing frost. Its evident in green Canola fields nereby but right in the city, the community gardens are totally fried. Anything that was green isn’t green any more.

Comment

Neighbor says his brass monkey is now gender neutral. Hahahaha

Comment

Lots of white canola being swathed here to.
                  It was seeded mid June..
                  Standing straight cut stuff is all ready now to..

Comment

8 day forcast is rain and or snow, next to no crop off here, maybe 10 percent peas. Need a miracle.

Comment

I haven't had a killing frost yet. Canola that is left standing is 50-70%. Do you think it matters whether I swath it or leave it on account of possible frost in a few days? Prefer to straight cut.

Comment

Swathing mine but I had frost pods opennng in this wind.but then again maybe who care what falls out now pepper at best

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                          I haven't had a killing frost yet. Canola that is left standing is 50-70%. Do you think it matters whether I swath it or leave it on account of possible frost in a few days? Prefer to straight cut.
                          My area has lots of canola that was left for straight cutting,most have turned to white in a couple days. Crusher if that was my canola I would be swathing. You have a better chance of escaping a frost and obtaining no.1 grade.which will go up in price. There is also a chance of an early snow which has happened before in September. There were a lot of guys gambling on straight cut canola and lost this year.

Comment

Think it was Sept 12, 1993, a foot of snow, snowmobiled between canola swaths! Now that was global cooling. But you heard 122 year record COLD low set in MJ!
                            OOPS, buy a swather...Invigor's stupid ads!

Comment

Makar, Where are you located? Is it unusual to be At this stage at this time of year? And more importantly I can't quite see the picture in your avatar, Is she shoveling Snow or carrying case of beer through a blizzard ?

At home, thermometer was +1, yard -1. And in a short drive as low as -4 but wet and foggy. The corn turned from lush green to brown within a day, Grass green Canola looks fine, Except the top pods in the canopy in the lower areas. None of it looks white from the Road, Up close there are frozen pods. I'm just driving by my neighbor's Green barley it doesn't appear to have been affected. Flowers in the garden look mostly okay. Could have been a lot worse. Another frost event and possible snow for this coming week.

Comment

I am north of grande prairie. We needed two more weeks, late spring, weird summer and a month of smoke and no sun. Uneven germ didnt help.Click image for larger version

Name:	b98045afca4ef541b8a02a88aab02005.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	766692

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...