• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feds study to ban guns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
    I doubt it Samhill, i cant think of any of these situations in the States where the carrying bystander shoots the bad guy.
    Here is an article detailing 11 accounts of a bystander with a gun stopping a bad guy. I could find many more examples, if you like. Luckily Ken Vickers was armed on parliment hill. Hard to know how many lives have been saved by good guys with guns, its an impossible to know statistic.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/good-guy-gun-stopped-bad-guy-gun

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Gun Ban...treating the symptom or the cause.

This is much deeper than a gun ban. Still, there are some kinds of guns I don't feel the public needs access to.

There has been a huge amount of "conditioning" through violent video games and television the last two or three decades.

As I said before....you reap what you sow. A self fulfilling result of the "conditioning" and media sensationalizing the violence.
      Farmaholic You are absolutely correct. The decades of television and video game violence is certainly a part of why we have all this violence...….. hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

How many more things are we involved in now the will come back to bite us in the ass.

As for banning hand guns you could take everyone's and there would still be nearly as many gun deaths and maybe a few extra using other methods (like a golf club behind the ear...)

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Gun Ban...treating the symptom or the cause.

This is much deeper than a gun ban. Still, there are some kinds of guns I don't feel the public needs access to.

There has been a huge amount of "conditioning" through violent video games and television the last two or three decades.

As I said before....you reap what you sow. A self fulfilling result of the "conditioning" and media sensationalizing the violence.
        Absolutely that plays a huge role, that and an absolute lack of actual parenting

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          Absolutely that plays a huge role, that and an absolute lack of actual parenting
          Lack of father figures and broken homes seem very common for thugs and mass killers.
          John Gormley had a guest covering this issue a few months back.

Radical Islamic terrorism is another wildcard that is starting to show up in North America and Europe now. (Liberals prefer to call this mental illness if they can.)

Comment

I know you guys will think im turning into a lefty liberal well im NOT.

But assault weapons handguns been banned here shit 20 yrs now.

Its a non issue farmers can still have weapons hunters still do and guys in pistol clubs gun clubs etc can.

Quite a few hurdels to jump through to purchase firearms and to a lesser degree ammunition.

Outcry at the time but most genuine gun owners can still hunt and shoot.

But of course we dont have bears cougars etc that you may have to fill with lead quickly.

And i guess we never quite had the gun culture of north america so maybe not comparing apples with apples.

Despite some of the "fake news" sorry donald, saying laws have made no difference in oz thats a fib. Think only multiple shooting since new laws is bikers fighting bikers and gangland crims mowing each other down, a muslim extremist held people hostage, and police thwarted another terrorist cell arrest about a dozen immigrants who had a cache of weapons. But thats all i can think of in 20 yrs

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
              I know you guys will think im turning into a lefty liberal well im NOT.

But assault weapons handguns been banned here shit 20 yrs now.

Its a non issue farmers can still have weapons hunters still do and guys in pistol clubs gun clubs etc can.

Quite a few hurdels to jump through to purchase firearms and to a lesser degree ammunition.

Outcry at the time but most genuine gun owners can still hunt and shoot.

But of course we dont have bears cougars etc that you may have to fill with lead quickly.

And i guess we never quite had the gun culture of north america so maybe not comparing apples with apples.

Despite some of the "fake news" sorry donald, saying laws have made no difference in oz thats a fib. Think only multiple shooting since new laws is bikers fighting bikers and gangland crims mowing each other down, a muslim extremist held people hostage, and police thwarted another terrorist cell arrest about a dozen immigrants who had a cache of weapons. But thats all i can think of in 20 yrs
              You have an ocean keeping illegal guns from getting in. Lots of unmonitored fields and lakes to do some midnight moonlight trading here. A lot of BC marijuana was smuggled 10 miles from here into the US, 8 or so years ago, Canadian and US border guards admitted the perps would never have gotten caught if they had only made the runs with snowmobile during snowstorms (to cover their tracks). But the weed had fried their brains and they made runs in almost broad daylight.

Comment

I did think of Oz in my last post.
                But didnt think fair comparison because of geography.
                Altogether we have a 8891km boundary with the US. I can buy smuggled cigarettes almost anytime. Practically all our media US. Our Canadian news fixates on any US shooting as it sells.

Banning will reduce the number of stolen available to criminals and increase the cost of smuggled.
                Thereby making it infinitesimally safer at the cost of billions.
                In 1990s we banned small caliber centrefire and short barrel handguns. Owners were grandfathered. Legal ownership ending with the life of the owner.
                The only way to boil the frog really. And cheaper.
                Our gun culture smaller and not protected by property rights etc.

Honestly I feel sorry for anyone who hasn't spent time with a 500 S&W.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...