• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feds study to ban guns

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feds study to ban guns

Federal government confirms plan to study a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada

Try this again:
    From The Globe and Mail

Federal government confirms plan to study a full ban on handguns and assault weapons in Canada
    MOLLY HAYES
    PATRICK WHITE
    JEFF GRAY TORONTO CITY HALL REPORTER
    PUBLISHED 10 HOURS AGO
    UPDATED AUGUST 28, 2018
    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is directing Bill Blair to examine a full ban on handgun and assault weapons, according to a mandate letter issued Tuesday to the Minister of Border Security and Organized Crime Reduction.

Comment

Let's just ban all liberals.

This shit is getting sick.

If I'm a criminal I don't care if a gun is baned I can find one and do what I want to do.

Liberals are so stupid it's not even funny.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	40359235_1867863773327647_5522664911374647296_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	766678

Yep, this sums it up real nice.

Comment

their tiny little brains don't understand that a scumbag that is capable of killing another human being couldn't give two shits if a gun is registered or not ? and they would have as much luck keeping guns outta these dirtbags hands as they do keeping fentanyl off the streets ? it would be good for the criminals if they didn't have to worry about guns in the house they were robbing , though? can this govt get any stupider ?

Comment

I wonder how it’s working in Detroit ??

Comment

Or Baltimore????

Comment

Yes this government can get stupider... I believe they take it on as a personal challenge to see if they can out do themselves in terms of stupidity each and every day on any issue they are trying to address. How else do you explain what they are doing on on each and every issue they handle? Nobody can as stupid as this government unless you are trying to be stupid...

Comment

Unfortunately this may be a vote getter for the Libs, they will do anything for votes. I don’t see a reason for having an assault type weapon, but that doesn’t mean your a criminal if you want one. Handguns however are a self defense provider and beat the heck out of a baseball bat if the police are an hour away, and you are invaded. Current law is more than sufficient but criminals aren’t much concerned about the law.

Comment

For self defence better defer to baseball bat. My handguns are locked in a safe with trigger locks on so deploying one for self defence would be too slow. To not store handguns like that is a federal crime in Canada with serious penalties.

In our society, handguns, safely used, can provide a wonderful sport for law abiding citizens. That's it. Assault rifles fall into the same category. Three gun events that use handgun, carbine and shotgun are so much fun for all ages, sexes and abilities. I've shot events with grandmothers all the way to a 9 year old girl that shot supervised and within her capabilities. Like all sport, teaches sportsmanship, etc. but beyond that, the shooting sports instill that constant watching for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
                      For self defence better defer to baseball bat. My handguns are locked in a safe with trigger locks on so deploying one for self defence would be too slow. To not store handguns like that is a federal crime in Canada with serious penalties.

In our society, handguns, safely used, can provide a wonderful sport for law abiding citizens. That's it. Assault rifles fall into the same category. Three gun events that use handgun, carbine and shotgun are so much fun for all ages, sexes and abilities. I've shot events with grandmothers all the way to a 9 year old girl that shot supervised and within her capabilities. Like all sport, teaches sportsmanship, etc. but beyond that, the shooting sports instill that constant watching for safety.
                      If a handgun is locked in a safe designed to store firearms no trigger lock is required and ammo right beside in the magazine is legal.

Comment

Handguns and assault rifles should be banned, no need for them. They are designed to kill people end of story. I fully support owning long guns but all these gang bangers are getting handguns from improperly stored stuations and even steeling safes with the guns in. God help us if we become gun worshipers like the Americans. Flame away but I think it would save lives.

Comment

This proposed ban is is nothing more than the govt not accepting responsibility for a few of their failings.

First, the immigration problem, illegal or otherwise if immigrants are from those cultures that don't value life as we do.

Next the drug crisis, especially meth. Crystal meth cooking and use is a massive problem here and the violence and crime around it is unbelievable. And it's everywhere. We had a meth lab here (in what we call the bush) that exploded and finally drew the attention of police. Now there's even murder connections to the people involved.

Resources for mental illness are very limited.

There's also the police, courts and how they respond. Locally here there is a disturbed man that was harassing and scaring literally everyone in the community. Many complaints to police about his real threats. Police said they couldn't do anything mu till he did something. WTF? Long story short he was arrested a couple of weeks ago with a loaded sawed off shotgun and 3 other guns, one stolen. He is believed to be looking for a farmer here, one of the only people to stand up to him. A stolen gun? Would Trudeau's ban stop that? Not the end of the story as nut job is now out on bail and is back at it burning sloughs in a fire ban.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
                            Handguns and assault rifles should be banned, no need for them. They are designed to kill people end of story. I fully support owning long guns but all these gang bangers are getting handguns from improperly stored stuations and even steeling safes with the guns in. God help us if we become gun worshipers like the Americans. Flame away but I think it would save lives.
                            You should be a liberal. Sounds like you like deciding how responsible people should live, and what they should enjoy.

Comment

The people who are afraid of firearms Toronto,Montreal have a means to curb their illegal use they have their own police forces use them! Rural and urban Canada are two different worlds when it comes to firearms use, there is hardly a day that I don’t handle a firearm for a legal purpose , yet very seldom have a double double, go to a concert or museum or pro sports event.
                              So urbanites manage your world with your means as you see fit but don’t try to manage my totally different world at the same time!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...