• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When JOHN DEERE says "bend over"....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When JOHN DEERE says "bend over"....

....some shortlines ask, "how far"?

Brandt has a green graincart and MacDon a green swather, for the people who have to have everything color matching.

John Deere has almost exclusive rights to Brandt's line of Ag equipment, sales and parts. BRANDT, you may as well spin that line off to JD now, you sold your soul to the Devil.

When the pimp demands the ***** delivers.

It’s only getting worse Farma. Every time u think u are getting close to affording a newer piece of equipment from any company the move the finish line by jacking the price a little more. Too bad we couldn’t increase our selling price to the same tune they inflate theirs every year. Fair would be fair then. Getting real sick of the financing plans or schemes they have to entice u to get back on the treadmill. No thanks!

Comment

All. Those government grants paid off well for somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Brandt has a green graincart and MacDon a green swather, for the people who have to have everything color matching.

John Deere has almost exclusive rights to Brandt's line of Ag equipment, sales and parts. BRANDT, you may as well spin that line off to JD now, you sold your soul to the Devil.

It sure hurt when this green brandt cart showed up here , sticks out like a sore thumb, lol

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
          It’s only getting worse Farma. Every time u think u are getting close to affording a newer piece of equipment from any company the move the finish line by jacking the price a little more. Too bad we couldn’t increase our selling price to the same tune they inflate theirs every year. Fair would be fair then. Getting real sick of the financing plans or schemes they have to entice u to get back on the treadmill. No thanks!
          Stay on top of trading schedule or else you will end up “stuck” with old equipment.
          Most of my shrapnel is 1980-1994. Lots of repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
            Stay on top of trading schedule or else you will end up “stuck” with old equipment.
            Most of my shrapnel is 1980-1994. Lots of repairs.
            There's always good used equipment to buy hobby.

Farmjunkie...no thanks????, you mean "Thanks a BILLION" don't you?

Comment

I drove by a farm yard last week where everything was JD green, grain bins, quonset, sheds, equipment, etc. I expect they are a prime candidate for this type of marketing.

Comment

Mother corp always has it figured out.

Comment

Think it is PATTISON that signed up all Brandt marketing.

Comment

There's always good used equipment to buy hobby.

Farmjunkie...no thanks????, you mean "Thanks a BILLION" don't you?
                    Agreed. At this time I have what I need. I am still trying to wear out 35 year old tractors.
                    Usually I can fix it or hire a mobile mechanic/welder. Eventually I will have to redirect money into something newer with minimal electronics and emissions bullshit.
                    I fell through the cracks about 25 years ago, so the next stop for my equipment is the steel refinery for melting. One neighbor stayed with upgraded trades. He is 80 yrs old and has new everything, staggered trades, tractors one year, combine swather the next year. Service and warrantee, the machine sits until dealership moblie repair arrives. Its good, he is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                      Agreed. At this time I have what I need. I am still trying to wear out 35 year old tractors.
                      Usually I can fix it or hire a mobile mechanic/welder. Eventually I will have to redirect money into something newer with minimal electronics and emissions bullshit.
                      I fell through the cracks about 25 years ago, so the next stop for my equipment is the steel refinery for melting. One neighbor stayed with upgraded trades. He is 80 yrs old and has new everything, staggered trades, tractors one year, combine swather the next year. Service and warrantee, the machine sits until dealership moblie repair arrives. Its good, he is successful.
                      Define success. A healthy happy family and some money in the bank to, as you would say, "waste" on them?

Comment

Hobby Farmer , we are in the same boat as you are . Most of the machinery We farm with is from the 80-2000's range (very little in the 2000 range) however , learning to fix and repair is a way of life around this place. My Dad taught me how to fix things on the cheap if necessary , and a friend and neighbor I have 5 miles from our farm has a welding shop on his farm where I worked for seven years while transitioning full time into my farming role from my parents 16 years ago. It was invaluable to me ,and taught me how to fix things the right way , and not always the "farmer way" LOL!

Farmaholic is right when he says there is lots of good used stuff out there. If all of us farmers and ranchers had the buying power of the dollar like our Dads had in the 70's we could all afford new stuff occasionally!

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                          Hobby Farmer , we are in the same boat as you are . Most of the machinery We farm with is from the 80-2000's range (very little in the 2000 range) however , learning to fix and repair is a way of life around this place. My Dad taught me how to fix things on the cheap if necessary , and a friend and neighbor I have 5 miles from our farm has a welding shop on his farm where I worked for seven years while transitioning full time into my farming role from my parents 16 years ago. It was invaluable to me ,and taught me how to fix things the right way , and not always the "farmer way" LOL!

Farmaholic is right when he says there is lots of good used stuff out there. If all of us farmers and ranchers had the buying power of the dollar like our Dads had in the 70's we could all afford new stuff occasionally!
                          There is the problem.....our so called farm groups don't ask where our buying power went .....

A new combine in 1975 cost 6000 bushels

Today 6000 wouldn't buy a lease payment....on a used one....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...