• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I curse the Rain but its time to start some Dancing again boys!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple sections of durum still out the rain can wait till im in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
      Couple sections of durum still out the rain can wait till im in Vegas.
      What are those coupal sections of durum looking like this year? Did you get the "good luck with harvesting" wishes relayed to you?

Comment

I believe we got all of 1/2 a tenth yesterday. Not sure if i should break out the dance shoes yet.

in 2017 I seeded canola and flax 1" deep and wheat 1.5" deep. In 2018 I seeded flax and canola 1.5" and wheat 2". How deep am I going to have to go next year?

Comment

Guys I guess you didn’t read if we don’t get a rain in fall meaning after harvest before freeze up next year could be interesting.

Why would I want a rain now it’s harvest after bring it on.

Yes some dugouts only drop so far some empty to nothing.

It’s a map showing how dry.

God read

Comment

I just got a very unwelcome inch and a month away from greasing a combine.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              What are those coupal sections of durum looking like this year? Did you get the "good luck with harvesting" wishes relayed to you?
              Its all unicorn! Wife thought it was a cheezy pickup line at 1st. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                Its all unicorn! Wife thought it was a cheezy pickup line at 1st. Haha
                Lol...belly laughed. I should have formally introduced myself and made my intentions a little clearer. She probably thought I was a crackpot...she may have thought right.

Good luck anyway....a real uneventful rain delay so far. Won't take much decent weather to get back at it here.

Comment

Made a fire guard around the yard with our heavy offset disk..it would only go down 2 inches..
                  So Oct 1st we need rain..

Comment

Rain will do less damage than a frost will by morning

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      Rain will do less damage than a frost will by morning
                      frost advisories out for SW alberta... oil, pulse, and cereal crops likely not in for any trouble, but that could crimp their vegetables. With the rain though, we've had it once before where frost goggles were put on when everything was cured and going through a combine before a rain/frost event, but apparently the seed takes on moisture, uncures, then freezes in the swath. Go figure.

Forecast low of +2 here tonight. Have some late seeded lentils that might not like that all that much, but perhaps it would solve the green stool in the bottom of the crop,fowling up the sample issue? Doubt it. It'd likely just downgrade. Should have just taken the shit and ate the dark green immature.

Comment

Frost would be serious around here. Even though many have started combining and a lot of lentils are in the bin, there is lots of green wheat around and much green Canola - some needs a month yet. Our crops only got going in June, after the rain so 100 plus days starts June 7. No frost please!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...