• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    Working on barley and got rained out on Sunday. Got back at it today with a nice westerly wind but by late afternoon more rain.
    Barley was 18 this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Barley was 18 this afternoon.
      ours got to 15.7 just before the sky opened up

Comment

I guess just be glad you don’t farm in SW Sask this year even as much as rain sucks at harvest . You will still get something..... had to remind myself today.

Comment

Must be on the late shift Furrow?

Comment

On a positive, I should get all the Canola swath during this period of wet. Clean the dryer up and work my pea stubble with the kelly.

Comment

What are you all doing with greem kernels in durum?

Comment

CWRS same here, green soft, makes it 17%. Dryer maybe aeration if 16%. No rain yesterday and till now.

Comment

September can do this , I think most of us have seen this before , especially in the north half of the grain belt. Looks like a stop and start harvest with tough grain for the next two weeks .

Comment

Looks like more rains on our doorstep now , anouther shot Monday before clearing up. Most likely a good frost after the damp weather moves out. Generally that’s what happens this time of year. Hopefully not too much rain or too hard of frost .
                    Anyway should clear up after that so we can get back at harvest again .

Comment

Strange how the rains don’t split around us like June/July/August when it could of helped lol .
                      Murphies law 👎

Comment

Rained every day this week so far. Not a bunch but too much. Wheat 21 yesterday.

Comment

My greatest weather concern right now in the wide open spaces in the Slum of the Ghetto is wind.

With the frequent changes in weather fronts one of these times we are going to get a real "Ghetto blaster".

Our goal is to get the canola harvested before the wind scatters it.

We are out of the woods when it comes to frost.

And and substantial amount of rain would be welcome for next year.

That's my selfish take on things.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...