• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Luck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Luck

I feel so lucky to be able to put grain in the bin in August. I pop my head out tonight at 1am. It is cool, there is no wind, the air feels heavy. Some sounds of aeration in the distance. But then I am reminded it is only August 21. Combining in October is so much tougher on man and machine.

Harvest is about to kick into high gear in SE Sask and I welcome that in August...crops might be less than great but it will be in the bin and we will be able to show ole Jack Frost who's the boss for another year.

Safe harvest all.

I kind of like the new weather pattern of the last two years.

Only stuck once yesterday my youngest shouldn't have tried to cut a flat that has water on for last 18 years. But got all cut except got brave and tried just a little further out. and down it went.

It was crisp last night and probably tonight will be the frost.

But boy now I remember what its like to have aeration that actually did something and not getting big machines stuck and going up and down and actually enjoying the harvest.

It might be a little less yield than last year but its fun.

Peas are a money loser thanks to the BASF shit show with viper.

But Barley will make up the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      I kind of like the new weather pattern of the last two years.

Only stuck once yesterday my youngest shouldn't have tried to cut a flat that has water on for last 18 years. But got all cut except got brave and tried just a little further out. and down it went.

It was crisp last night and probably tonight will be the frost.

But boy now I remember what its like to have aeration that actually did something and not getting big machines stuck and going up and down and actually enjoying the harvest.

It might be a little less yield than last year but its fun.

Peas are a money loser thanks to the BASF shit show with viper.

But Barley will make up the difference.

Every bushel is a money loser of every crop....prices were better 40 years ago and inputs were considerably less. ....

Our per bushel price is the shits. ...but everyone wants to make it up on volume. ....

Why doesn't our lobby groups realize this simple fact....

Efficiency doesn't mean less for a bushel it should be more net....

GM and Ford got more efficient at making cars and are now at astronomical prices....same with equipment....

What wrong with farmers.????
      Last edited by bucket; Aug 21, 2018, 06:13.

Comment

Luck?

Comment

Management.

I bought a new calculator and it still says my peas suck but I was lucky I spent more money to save them from the Viper and now just broke even.

Comment

I am managing the situation that rules me... The weather.

Looks like I might have until Friday to continue harvesting. If I'm "random chance".

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...