• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why hide facts so stupid consumers keep being fed billshit by groups out to destroy agriculture.

Post your organic neighbours shit show and let joe public see how food shortages will happen if we all have to grow nothing.

The consumer needs education.

Our schools teach shit to students.

Hell my son got kicked out of a class last year in Regina because a teacher was teaching kids how bad modern farming was and peace and love and sing will produce crops. Safeway will always have food.

He called her bullshit and was sent to the office.

Again are morons running the show not science.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
      Why hide facts so stupid consumers keep being fed billshit by groups out to destroy agriculture.

Again are morons running the show not science.
      And that is exactly why we shouldn't be trying to win this battle in public with science. They don't care, emotion wins over science every time. Never argue with a fool, they will drag you down and beat you with experience.

Try asking your city neighbors about the practice, I'll guarantee that most of them will be blissfully unaware that this practice takes place at all, and will probably refuse to believe it, knowing how demonized glyphosate has become, it is unthinkable to most consumers that we would do this to their food.

We run the real possibility of losing complete use of glyphosate, along with the ability to no-till, and continuous crop thanks to these "moron" and in spite of science. Why not voluntarily give up the most grievous and least vital uses of this vital product proactively before we are forced into something much more draconian and anti-science.

Comment

Between the three most recent threads on this topic, there are close to 5000 views already. Are all of those views just the same handful of farmer posters checking in again and again, or are random google searchers happening upon this topic in their quest to learn more about the uses and potential harms of glyphosate?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          And I still maintain that we shouldn't be having this debate in public and on a public forum, especially those who openly admit to doing things off label. All we are doing is providing additional ammunition to those anti-everything types, and informing our consumers that the practice exists. I've said it before, most consumers refuse to believe that we would actually do this, and yet some insist on advertising the practice all over the internet? Once we lose the trust of our consumers, we may never win it back, and be regulated into oblivion at the same time.

This debate should be had very quietly and behind closed doors. And the outcome has to be what the consumer would want, regardless of science or labels.
          Couuldnt agree more af5

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            Couuldnt agree more af5
            The cats out of the bag, but agree. Why add gas to the fire? Was reading a similar thread on combine forum. A guy was arguing that if sprayed early on cereals the plant has more time to metabolize the glypho. Like hello mcfly!

Comment

I agree but the problem starts in the schools and our education system.

Ever eat the new A&W veggie burger? I tried one just to see what the fuss is all about.

It’s total shit.

First time ever I threw out a burger.

Total shit it was.

The consumer needs education real education and the American and Canadian system t aches shit.

I just cancelled ordering three new strait cut flex headers what’s the use I don’t farm in the 🌵 desert with natural desiccation.

The bigger problem is groups are out to take us down with their own agenda and farmers they don’t care about.

Will glyphos be gone you F$&king can bet on that.

Comment

I totally agree keep very quiet its an argument we cannot win. Here in UK we had a NFU slogan "Glyphosphate is vital". Focused on what farmers would loose if it was banned, came across in my opinion as if we did not care if there was a low cancer risk so long as we did not have to change what we did.

This law case has them on TV again trying to justify its use and argue with the people who believe and always will believe it is harmful, managed to make a half hour program, slow news day.

Would have been a two minute slot if the farmer had stayed home.

Lobby politicians in private it is more about getting elected than it being safe.

Comment

Well i joined the swath club you guys convinced me.

Hail damaged wheat just saying its not going to get any better. Got the check for damage haven’t done this for as long as I have been married in wheat. Youngest took the wheel for a go.

Comment

Swathing wheat can be done by larger farms.
                    Fellow we know by Humboldt has almost 5000 acres of wheat cut already.they do not pre harvest.

Comment

It is possible just have to change a few things and up a few things and maybe redo our dryer system to handle larger volume.

Weed control in a cooler year and late harvest will cause issues of higher chem the following year.

On the soil argument on my other post it’s gaining fertility and organic matter in 37 years of direct seeding.

Areas we broke back in 1981 still out produce our original broke land that my grandfather broke. But what he broke blew in the thirties were the new breaking never did.

Soil is alive and living real well now.

Comment

On the soil argument on my other post it’s gaining fertility and organic matter in 37 years of direct seeding.

Areas we broke back in 1981 still out produce our original broke land that my grandfather broke. But what he broke blew in the thirties were the new breaking never did.

Soil is alive and living real well now.
                        And that is the angle we need to use to win this debate. Our generation of consumers has no memory of the dust bowl, and no concept of how much glyphosate has benefited soil conservation. Although in the age of instant gratification, I'm not sure they would care anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                          And that is the angle we need to use to win this debate. Our generation of consumers has no memory of the dust bowl, and no concept of how much glyphosate has benefited soil conservation. Although in the age of instant gratification, I'm not sure they would care anyways.
                          Yes valid point it we as producers need to look at the soil and what this build up is doing year after year also. Not to mention resistance of weeds that is growing to glyphos. Times change science should be moving ahead also in a better direction. This was great improvement but what's next is the question???

Comment

Well i joined the swath club you guys convinced me.

Hail damaged wheat just saying its not going to get any better. Got the check for damage haven’t done this for as long as I have been married in wheat. Youngest took the wheel for a go.
                            If you have forgotten your going to love combining swathed wheat, 6 mph, smooth feeding, grain cart guy is going to hate it, will keep them busy chasing combines.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                              If you have forgotten your going to love combining swathed wheat, 6 mph, smooth feeding, grain cart guy is going to hate it, will keep them busy chasing combines.
                              Until you get a rain , but that’s not in the cards yet this fall.
                              Big swaths , and not because of big crops but more so bigger swathers , never dry out in many areas of western Canada . Also sprouting can cause major grading issues in swaths . There is a trade off

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                Until you get a rain , but that’s not in the cards yet this fall.
                                Big swaths , and not because of big crops but more so bigger swathers , never dry out in many areas of western Canada . Also sprouting can cause major grading issues in swaths . There is a trade off
                                rained here tonight , probably ****ed up lots of malt barley laying on the ground

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...