• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oatmeal

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ? are you sure cause lots do it here .......?????

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      If glyphosate residue isn't a problem why isn't everybody spraying their seed crops? [ATTACH]3282[/ATTACH]
      Actually it is done by alot of people. A few times the seed I intended to use didn't work out and I myself have used lentils or durum that has been preharvested with no problems.

Also, before you get too alarmed Chuck2. The Codex mrl is 30,000 ppb and japan is 20,000 ppb. So perhaps the level of 400 ppb is just a made up line in the sand by an ecowarrior. Just because we can test to that minutia doesn't mean that it means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Agvocate View Post
        Health Canada did a Re-evaluation study on glyphosate and released it April of 2017. This may not be the one you are referring to but the link is below. I'm not weighing in one way or another just putting it out there for people to read.

The overall finding from the re-examination of glyphosate is highlighted as follows:

-Glyphosate is not genotoxic and is unlikely to pose a human cancer risk.
        -Dietary (food and drinking water) exposure associated with the use of glyphosate is not expected to pose a risk of concern to human health.
        -Occupational and residential risks associated with the use of glyphosate are not of concern, provided that updated label instructions are followed.
        -The environmental assessment concluded that spray buffer zones are necessary to mitigate potential risks to non-target species (for example, vegetation near treated areas, aquatic invertebrates and fish) from spray drift.
        -When used according to revised label directions, glyphosate products are not expected to pose risks of concern to the environment.
        -All registered glyphosate uses have value for weed control in agriculture and non-agricultural land management.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/consumer-product-safety/reports-publications/pesticides-pest-management/decisions-updates/registration-decision/2017/glyphosate-rvd-2017-01.html
        They are only now discovering that ddt is still in our soils and a link has been made to autism. Glyphos effect on humans we may not know for some time. Yes it is minute amounts but every year every year on more and more foods more and more in the soil I know it kills soil productivity also. But just add more and more fertilizer right ?
        The world would be hungry without it. But to say it doesn't have an effect is as wrong as saying it does because it's too early to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
          They are only now discovering that ddt is still in our soils and a link has been made to autism. Glyphos effect on humans we may not know for some time. Yes it is minute amounts but every year every year on more and more foods more and more in the soil I know it kills soil productivity also. But just add more and more fertilizer right ?
          The world would be hungry without it. But to say it doesn't have an effect is as wrong as saying it does because it's too early to tell.
          https://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416/htm

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            http://static.producer.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/CFIA_ACIA-9123346-v1-FSSD-FSSS-Glyphosate-Final-Report-15-16_0184101.pdf#_ga=1.196489061.892407858.149210720 4

Health Canada has yet to release a study on glyphosate residues in major cereals. It was supposed to be released late in 2017 or early in 2018. I expect the news is bad that is why we haven't seen it yet.

That’s the friggin problem. Health Canada is mute. Just tell us. Is there glyphosate residual in our food? How the hell are we supposed to know? We assume that there is some one checking food safety. No one, not consumers, not farmers, not processors want to be on the wrong side of this curve. Are we being shut out of markets now because of our cropping practices? Sure we produce nice-looking samples for way too cheap prices but what are we offering people to eat? Is it safe or not? We need to know.

Comment

We were in a glyposate residual study. What they found was that the oats we had not preharvested still contained residue. Smaller amounts compared to pregarvested oats. It increased for every application that you did in the previous crop. RR canola stubble was the highest. So testing breakfast cereals you will find it no matter what. The consumer will get what they demand, they always do. I would imagine there is another chemical in the works that leaves no residue or money in your wallet coming out soon to replace glyphosate.

Comment

Oatmeal. ....my standing durum....best way to describe it ....it's so wet....not sprayed...Roundup wouldn't have reached the target weeds below the canopy....besides roundup seems like it barely works on its own with good coverage in the spring.

Comment

Face it. Direct seeding has made you Round-Up dependent. How many could go back?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Face it. Direct seeding has made you Round-Up dependent. How many could go back?
                    it's not going to go away, glyphos, you will still be able to spray it after you combine your wet, mildewed cereals , same as we have been doing with canola? they want mildewed cereals , give it to them . there will be less production , might hurt the leaches more than us

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...