• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
    Wonder how Gov'ts choose Ministers for each department. What would some of past AG minister resume look like to make them the best man for the job?
    As I get older and wiser. Hahaha
    I m beginning to think maybe the USA system of seperate voting for the leader is better. In the states you hear almost daily a congressmen or woman or governor or senator talking about the issues their state is dealing with. And can do so for and against what the president says or does.
    Does it really matter who the minister is? I could be wrong but I think everything gets decided by the party in a caucus meeting anyway. You d have to have someone really strong willed to do the right things for us because they'd have to be able to speak up for us. Whenhas rhat happenned?

And referendums are really needed in this country
    You want gun control yes or no
    Want get rid of agristability and replaced something better yes or no.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      2017 results
      [ATTACH]3255[/ATTACH]
      The overall average number will be down 6 bus / ac .... just my guess

Comment

Yesterday I went to a auction sale close to watrous area then back to Raymore and down to Regina.

Yep take 6 off every one of those totals.

Looks like my area NE sask average 40.8 heat is destroying canola so yep great guess.

6 off the numbers posted.

Maybe those crop experts that called it a massive crop have now sobered up from playing all summer and could do a good one now.

Still haven’t found a 60 plus yet.
        Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Aug 12, 2018, 05:41.

Comment

West of here there will be a few 60’s

Comment

This is in a area that the last fifteen or more years were big hitters.

Lots of Canola will be on the south side of 30.

But all the experts driving around this summer were falling over them selves to tell how big of a crop it was.

We’re are All these idiots now.

Not a peep.

Watch a few brave ones will now say conditions worsened and we were right before but now all bets are off.

Canola looked stressed on the drive to AIM it didn’t get better.

I like one joke yesterday they were calling one guy Facebook yield

Comment

Some poor bastards actually have to endure crops like that! Everyone plants in spring with the best of intentions and hoping for a "good" crop. If I knew what the growing season was going to be like....I'd plan for it!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Some poor bastards actually have to endure crops like that! Everyone plants in spring with the best of intentions and hoping for a "good" crop. If I knew what the growing season was going to be like....I'd plan for it!
                No kidding wouldn't it be nice when you lock in a five year lease , a guy could lock in a decent return for the crops it takes to pay for that lease?

like I have said before 6000 bushels bought a new combine in 1975 ....60000 bushels wouldn't cover that purchase today...

And people think since the wheat board is gone they are being paid in Real dollars....yup from Brazil.

A crop like what saskatchewan has this year is remarkable considering all the factors....but the market that is always right and open doesn't seem to understand how bad it is.....

Until there are fewer and smaller overages on contracted grain .....
                Last edited by bucket; Aug 12, 2018, 07:12.

Comment

A big wind comes along and bye bye swaths.....not enough stubble to hold those swaths....looks like 25 bpa canola. Tops! If you can walk through it and lay in it...nowhere close to 40 bpa.
                  So 25 x $11 = $275....nothing left after expenses and ALL the costs.
                  Last edited by Crestliner; Aug 12, 2018, 21:56.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...