• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia Stops Trade /w Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best way to deal with authoritarian backward regimes isnt to scold them on twitter, its to starve them economically.

Comment

Halting Saudi crude coming in is against Irving oil's best interests.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        This is a perfect opportunity. Halt imports of Saudi Oil, go to trump and sign a 5 year deal to buy oil from them, finalize NAFTA in the process and then have Energy East ready to go.

If dumbass natives and french try to block it again, then terminate at Thunder Bay and tanker it out. Win Win.
        Like very much, but do I think these babies will use their noggens to do good?

Comment

Economic treason.
          130000 bpd from Saudi Aramco to Eastern Canadian refineries.
          Another 350000 bpd of US oil in general.
          Per Day, people!
          Riyadh crucified a convict yesterday. So what.
          Trudeaus grampa and Daddy Irving
          still laughing.
          All Canadian govts past and present guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
            I know our government needs to stick up for our citizens here and abroad, but that guy and his sister were over there disturbing shit on purpose (Even if they are on the right side of morality). It is their choice to pick a fight not mine but I and all Canadians have to live with the consequences of their decisions.

When my kids have friends over visiting I expect them to follow the rules in our house, don't care what the rule is in theirs. How is this any different?
            Excellent point.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              The best way to deal with authoritarian backward regimes isnt to scold them on twitter, its to starve them economically.
              This could work for Saudi Arabia and also for Quebec.

Comment

Wish the towelheads would chop the heads off the shit disturbers and send a message to Canada - we can trade, but keep your values at home or lose your head. It would send a clear message to the world.

Seems like arrogant Canadian pricks think their passport gives them the right to do anything in another country. Soon won't be able to have a Canadian flag on your backpack without issues.

Comment

Saudi oil minister said oil is outside of any dispute and will not be interrupted.
                  I dont think thats right at all.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    Saudi oil minister said oil is outside of any dispute and will not be interrupted.
                    I dont think thats right at all.
                    Row over jailed activists won't affect oil shipments to Canada, Saudi minister says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/saudi-arabia-canada-oil-supplies-jailed-activists-1.4778749 https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/saudi-arabia-canada-oil-supplies-jailed-activists-1.4778749

Read the comments

Comment

Politicians are hired to think out the consequences before they act, because they are supposed to have more information to make those decisions...

Obviously doesn't happen here but ask for a few billion for western canada because of tariffs and they will think it out until farmers are out of business.

Seems stupid to criticize Trump about his twitter tirades then do the same stupid shit.

Comment

Oddly enough Trudeau seems to be full of praise for Iran, Cuba, China, and loves pays his islamic buddies $ millions.

There must be more to this story than we are hearing.

Trudeau did a huge favour for Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria and other unethical s%$^holes that stone women when he added extra regulations to kill Energy East.
                        Last edited by Oliver88; Aug 9, 2018, 22:09.

Comment

This is going to be a long post, but follow me through to the end and then you can judge whether I am goofier than a shithouse rat or just paranoid.

So we have a federal election coming up in a little over a year and the Liberals are falling in the polls. Canadians are catching on to their bullshit, but they have gotten a bit of a boost with their so called standing up to Trump and defending Canada.

Gerald Butts instructs Christa Friedland to call for the release of these two so called Canadians that are being held in Saudi Arabia, knowing full well what the reaction will be. Let the pot simmer for a bit and in will walk our illustrious leader and announce that if this is the way the Saudi's want to be then **** 'em we won't do any trading with them, even oil. Now he is a hero for standing up for human and women's rights. Polls go up.

But now he has a problem all the refineries in Atlantic Canada are running at half speed because there is a lack of oil and the price of gas skyrockets in Quebec, Can't be having that all federal seats in the maritimes are held by Liberals. So now since the feds have already bought 1 pipeline it is not a stretch that Quebec will get some sort of sweet deal and the energy east pipeline will be built. Trudeau is now a hero in the east and Quebec. Polls go up

Now to the west, we don't like the liberals, we can see through their bullshit but he did get our oil to tidewater and now Trans mountain doesn't seem quite as important and he saves his seats in BC by delaying the pipeline, and besides they are softening up on the carbon tax. Polls go up

The Liberals have now ensured themselves a second term.
                          I have been thinking about this for a day or two because like some of you I can't make sense on why Canada would pick a fight with the KSA, there has to be some underlying factor. So tell me am I a conspiracy nut or just nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
                            This is going to be a long post, but follow me through to the end and then you can judge whether I am goofier than a shithouse rat or just paranoid.

So we have a federal election coming up in a little over a year and the Liberals are falling in the polls. Canadians are catching on to their bullshit, but they have gotten a bit of a boost with their so called standing up to Trump and defending Canada.

Gerald Butts instructs Christa Friedland to call for the release of these two so called Canadians that are being held in Saudi Arabia, knowing full well what the reaction will be. Let the pot simmer for a bit and in will walk our illustrious leader and announce that if this is the way the Saudi's want to be then **** 'em we won't do any trading with them, even oil. Now he is a hero for standing up for human and women's rights. Polls go up.

But now he has a problem all the refineries in Atlantic Canada are running at half speed because there is a lack of oil and the price of gas skyrockets in Quebec, Can't be having that all federal seats in the maritimes are held by Liberals. So now since the feds have already bought 1 pipeline it is not a stretch that Quebec will get some sort of sweet deal and the energy east pipeline will be built. Trudeau is now a hero in the east and Quebec. Polls go up

Now to the west, we don't like the liberals, we can see through their bullshit but he did get our oil to tidewater and now Trans mountain doesn't seem quite as important and he saves his seats in BC by delaying the pipeline, and besides they are softening up on the carbon tax. Polls go up

The Liberals have now ensured themselves a second term.
                            I have been thinking about this for a day or two because like some of you I can't make sense on why Canada would pick a fight with the KSA, there has to be some underlying factor. So tell me am I a conspiracy nut or just nuts.
                            I always say, don't look too hard for a conspiracy when good old fashioned gross incompetence will sufficiently explain the actions.

Only problem I see with what you laid out, is that energy east won't get built over night, in fact, would likely take years, meanwhile, voters have very short attention spans, and the promise of cheaper energy a few years from now, won't help them before the election. I fully expect to see more foot dragging on Trans Mountain, and as I stated above, I think this is all about Trans Mountain, the Saudi's don't want that built, Asia is quickly becoming their only market, which Trans Mountain would cut into.

Comment

Canada didn't pick a fight with KSA they commented on a human rights issue there as previous administrations have done. This time the Saudis reacted differently - i'd say it was them picking a fight.

Comment

MisterJade9, it will be a sad day when any political party puts it's welfare ahead of the Country it was elected to govern.

I guess I am too niave to realize there is more self service than public service in politics. Probably always was and always will be.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...