• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saskatoon Exhibition

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saskatoon Exhibition

The forecast looks to damn hot to work outside next week and I don't want to watch my crops burn up so I'm thinking of dragging the RV to Saskatoon for a last chance vacation before the early harvest begins.
    Any suggestions for an RV park and local attractions for 14-18 year olds (the 18 year old is voting hard to stay in Alberta for the drinking age, bahaha).
    Unless there is a farm show somewhere I'm not aware of between tuesday and friday next week?

Thanks

Please not the Carny... But if the kids want it, go for it!

Comment

The art displays at the Ex are awesome. My wifey usually has an entry or two there.

Tim Hicks is performing

If your kids are into books, take them to Rand McNally. A new York - class bookstore on 8th and circle.

The western development musem is right next to the Ex (it's on the SE corner of the prairie land park)

There's also a new aviation museum at the airport.

Saskatoon has a huge amount of restaurants and food variety. Take a drive down 8th for a sampling...

Sushiro is awesome of you like sushi, it's on Broadway as is the best pizza joint in western Canada (Nino's).

Comment

Gordie Howe RV campground is very nice. At the end of Ave P and basically across the river from the exhibition grounds. Often very busy thru the summer but you might get lucky and get a spot. The campground is run by the city and is exceptionally neat and tidy with spots for all sizes of RVs and a few tent sites also.
        There are a couple other RV parks on north side of city off Hwy 16. Not sure what they are called. Private run ones but look really nice. Often busy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
          Gordie Howe RV campground is very nice. At the end of Ave P and basically across the river from the exhibition grounds. Often very busy thru the summer but you might get lucky and get a spot. The campground is run by the city and is exceptionally neat and tidy with spots for all sizes of RVs and a few tent sites also.
          There are a couple other RV parks on north side of city off Hwy 16. Not sure what they are called. Private run ones but look really nice. Often busy as well.
          “Camp land” I think the one on N side of 16 west.

Comment

16 West is the campground directly north of the airport - west of the Flaman store. Camperland is closer to Langham on the north side of 16 highway. We generally stay at 16 West - its not fancy but its really convenient access to the city and not as stupid pricey as Camperland. We have stayed at Gordie Howe too but its a PITA to drag a trailer into and generally full plus its the wrong side of the tracks so coming and going from the campground is depressing.

Shakespeare on the Saskatchewan, river cruise with or without dinner, Remai art gallery are all along the riverbank. Saskatoon is working hard to keep their downtown alive. They've got a way to go yet but there are things to do downtown.
            Last edited by bobofthenorth; Aug 4, 2018, 11:44.

Comment

I have a spot booked at Gordie Howe.
              Thanks for the suggestions on what to do they are much appreciated and keep them coming I will make a list and let my minions choose.

Comment

We have stayed many years at Gordon Howe park. Yes gotta drive thru some sketch to get there but security in the park is good and have never had an issue. You’ll like the park.
                The rib fest is on in Diefenbaker park. We are going tonight to check it out. Live bands and bunch of non-vegetarian food. Should be awesome.
                If you have any prospective University students, take a walk they the Ag building on U of S campus. The whole campus is like a park in the summer months and worth seeing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...