• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liberty canola seed might be available from all companies next March,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liberty canola seed might be available from all companies next March,

Click image for larger version

Name:	4991F891-3F5D-4A68-8DE4-6962A982A3F4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	778092

So all the crop tours and field days this year for Canola talk about Liberty system being available once they get China on side some time in March.

Even yesterday if I buy regular seed by December and it is approved by March I can trade bag for bag for liberty treated with jumpstart and lumiderm.

So it got me wondering.

Every one knows I’m pissed as hell at BASF with the shit show with viper.

Rep won’t look at it and I guess the longer he waits I’ll be done harvesting and go away.

Well we have a other plan dropping all BASF seed and going with other companies.

Now if liberty is available I’ll by seed at a competitor and the liberty generic from FNA. (And halt)

So we have looked at a few varieties in plots and I am wondering if any one else has and what they thought was the best replacement for the ex Bayer brands.

So far Dekalb has one nice one.

I’m also thinking maybe Bayer had pushed liberty as far as they could go and that is why they dropped us like a hot potato.

Maybe some of these other companies have got a manic bullet.

Just wondering.

Raining west Canora now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7862F5A4-86E0-45A0-A5AD-97B4407FF704.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	778093

see and I feel the same way about bayer as you do about basf . I'm really hoping pioneer seed will have it next year . we only grow a little bit of invigor because of all the high acid, non GMO and nexera ,but if pioneer has Liberty seed available like this clearfield we have been getting every year from them for the non GMO we grow that will be great . it is always bigger seed and always has way better vigor than the overpriced seed we have been getting from bayer. the pioneer stuff has always been cheaper as well ,by a lot

Comment

Yes Pioneer will have Liberty canola next year . There won’t be a lot the first year but there is a full line up coming with the full protector genes and harvest max traits.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Yes Pioneer will have Liberty canola next year . There won’t be a lot the first year but there is a full line up coming with the full protector genes and harvest max traits.
        Will it be Liberty and Roundup tolerant in the same plant or just liberty?

Comment

Yes pioneer will have limited seed if it gets ok from China.

No just Liberty

RR will have ability to spray later and heavier like soy

Comment

Why is china holding up liberty pioneer seed? I did hear the are holding up the rr2 canola.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
              Why is china holding up liberty pioneer seed? I did hear the are holding up the rr2 canola.
              Wonder with USA China pissing match if China would ease up on this.

Comment

This was displayed at Aginmotion.

Comment

Keep in mind it doesn't have the MS8 gene - the male sterility, only the restorer.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmb View Post
                    Will it be Liberty and Roundup tolerant in the same plant or just liberty?
                    Both, but the liberty only will be available 2019 pending China approval.

The stacked looks perdy. A great way to spray for resistance management, 0.67L Glyphosate at then 1.35 of Liberty.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...