• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Land changing hands ...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land changing hands ...

Seen the latest RM land moves today .... wow after 15 fairly good years a lot of guys in trouble ... and guess who ??? Yup , wanna be BTO’s , hmmmm who woulda thunk hey ? Big flashy , look at me guys ..
    3 land “profiteers” suckin er all up . Not much a guy can do but watch the enevidable I guess from the sidelines . These 3 have money the rest of us only dream of , it is what it is .
    BTW , this was called several years ago by more than a few on here .
    Ya I spelled enevidable wrong , but don’t really care lol . Point is some of us seen it comin .. just hopefully it does not go too far .
    We are all susceptible I guess to a point nowadays.

Are the Profiteers paying more than anyone else is willing?

Some Ops may be flush with "cash" just sloshing around looking for somewhere to settle. Hard to compete with those farms.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Seen the latest RM land moves today .... wow after 15 fairly good years a lot of guys in trouble ... and guess who ??? Yup , wanna be BTO’s , hmmmm who woulda thunk hey ? Big flashy , look at me guys ..
      3 land “profiteers” suckin er all up . Not much a guy can do but watch the enevidable I guess from the sidelines . These 3 have money the rest of us only dream of , it is what it is .
      BTW , this was called several years ago by more than a few on here .
      Ya I spelled enevidable wrong , but don’t really care lol . Point is some of us seen it comin .. just hopefully it does not go too far .
      We are all susceptible I guess to a point nowadays.
      Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
        Interesting
        Good to see you back , lol lol
        Not really interesting or surprised at all , they ran the land price to unsustainable levels even for average crops and cost the rest of us more to farm then the SHTF ... it was going to happen . Hopefully common sense comes of it but I doubt it .

Comment

I got slammed by a few on here a few years back by calling this out ... but the truth is ... it was going to happen . The alarming thing is , after several decent years . But shit happens I guess .

Comment

Good to see you back , lol lol
            Not really interesting or surprised at all , they ran the land price to unsustainable levels even for average crops and cost the rest of us more to farm then the SHTF ... it was going to happen . Hopefully common sense comes of it but I doubt it .
            I agree 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Are the Profiteers paying more than anyone else is willing?

Some Ops may be flush with "cash" just sloshing around looking for somewhere to settle. Hard to compete with those farms.
              Yup , these guys have cash and equity beyond 98% of us . It is what it is . Everyone dealt a different hand in life . Some earn it , some get it and most never see it regardless how hard they work for it.
              Just try to stay in the game is all one can do without blowing the motor off the boat 🚣*♀️.

Comment

I got slammed by a few on here a few years back by calling this out ... but the truth is ... it was going to happen . The alarming thing is , after several decent years . But shit happens I guess .
                The ones who are in the best shape are the one who bought a bunch of land 8-10 years ago and have watched their equipment costs.

Comment

Yup , these guys have cash and equity beyond 98% of us . It is what it is . Everyone dealt a different hand in life . Some earn it , some get it and most never see it regardless how hard they work for it.
                  Just try to stay in the game is all one can do without blowing the motor off the boat 🚣*♀️.
                  Has paying more the anyone else been a bad strategy over the last 10 years? Ever?

Comment

Originally posted by saskcanfarmer View Post
                    Has paying more the anyone else been a bad strategy over the last 10 years? Ever?
                    I know that planning to pay less than everyone else wouldn't have been a very successful strategy in a rising land market. Seems to be working now, even though land is supposedly still rising locally.

Comment

I got some advise long ago when everyone is running one way go the other. Same in Business of farming its cycles.

I called this and almost everyone laughed at me.

We farm in Canada, No real support for farmers and weather is not kind.

Lost or never considered deals on any the last 10 years.

The game plan for the next 10 is now in place.

Were warming up with Plan B.

Ah, farming.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        I got some advise long ago when everyone is running one way go the other. Same in Business of farming its cycles.

I called this and almost everyone laughed at me.

We farm in Canada, No real support for farmers and weather is not kind.

Lost or never considered deals on any the last 10 years.

The game plan for the next 10 is now in place.

Were warming up with Plan B.

Ah, farming.
                        Same here , plan B slowly coming around. Pays to have patience sometimes.

Comment

There better be a successor in some cases if you have to wait too long to exercise plan B.

Some of us are out of time for plan B....depending on how much time you will need to fully execute and complete the alternative.

Comment

How long are the land investors going to stay in once they realize the millennials will never be rich enough to purchase the land back from them at inflated prices? So far the millenials have the parents money buying farm for them. That is a major difference from the 80's when the 20 year old had the mortgage in their own name. We all know how that turned out. Around here there are many 85 year olds that have waited too long to sell. Parcel for sale locally that the kids tried to sell last summer and is for sale now again. Land across the road from me was sold to an investment group a couple of years ago but the same operation farms it. All the signs of a bear market in real estate. It is different this time.

Comment

What I have heard some guys do to sell land is this.....they sell to an investor but the investor wants a renter before he will buy.....so the seller agrees to rent for X number of years ....then he walks away with the cash by just farming what he knows for those few years.....then its the investors problem to get high rent or take a bath on the investment.

For those agreeing to rent from an investment group ...it might be time to rethink that strategy...unless you are selling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...