• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire logs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Comic relief in the face of adversity...think Monty Python.

Oh I see.

They'll die laughing before they get to you...

Comment

Originally posted by Mjolnir View Post
      I don’t see any saw cuts in your pictures of your “Canadian Candle”, what did you use to hollow out the centre?

I have a bunch ready made. Drill out a 1.5" hole in the centre, and then intersect with a 1" hole from the side.

Have a bunch of 4' tall ones for bonfires, those are crosscut with the chainsaw.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        Oh I see.

They'll die laughing before they get to you...
        I might be taking more from the table than I bring!

Who is in charge of personnel qualification assessments?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
          All of them, my friend and I talk about this all the time. Picture the same scenario you described but in Saskatoon, it scares the shit out of me to speculate what it would be like. My step daughter and I get into some heated debates when I tell her we are just one extreme event away from being like South Africa with roving city dwellers and other "self entitled" demographics that literally could not survive without access to food, water, money and of all their precious social media. I do believe we would be shooting people on our doorsteps that would be coming for what we have.
          Misterjade we must have the same friend....he is a crazy middle age guy who wants to stock guns and ammo to prepare for the mobs that will run in the country for food and strip our farms bare.....lol...don’t need much protection on my farm....our garden, freezers and cold storage room would be emptied in short order.

I think that most city people when faced with a crisis of that proportion would just likely lay down and give up....wait for the phone service to come on. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post

I think that most city people when faced with a crisis of that proportion would just likely lay down and give up....wait for the phone service to come on. Lol.

This is what I think.

Y'all need to Reed the sociology experiments and research from John Callhoun

Comment

Similar situation that have happened around the world show that people wont leave cities to pilage surrounding landowners. They will first form groups and try to go after the power that be like govt and other agencies. After finding that is a dead end, they will loot local businesses in the city. They will stay where their dependency is until that is exhausted. Only the bravest or smartest will venture out of the cities.

Comment

The more I think about a shtf scenario it is hogwash.

The reality is that farmers with any grain on hand will have a good food supply for a very long time. Sure nobody wants bread or pasta or hummus everyday but it’s better than nothing.

Nobody will have access to fuel so driving outside the city will be impossible.

Comment

Gerald Celente Quotes. When people have nothing left to lose, and they've lost everything, they lose it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...