• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name a major farm issue your MLa has raised?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I bet a bunch of them spoke up on the CWB issue - shame most of them got it wrong lol.
    They did but obviously they were too stupid to implement a transparent reporting system like they have in the states....

Cargill reports sales at the end of every week....they know how and why they do it....

We are now getting trade distorting US prices and no one gives a shit.... .

Comment

His office called for a 100 dollar donation to fight the carbon tax in court..probably to take his without for supper..
      NO dumbass..

Comment

Sitting around a campfire at the lake with people bragging about calling in sick Monday because they can have an edo. Why do taxes go up? Sons girlfriends dad is a principal, taking about student absentee, his "worst" teacher in the school missed 34 days. Its getting out of hand but endorsed, " their union negotiated it"

Comment

What the government in this province should be doing is taking a look at the amount of RM districts (297 approx) and look at cutting them in half , or maybe more . I can tell you from my own personal experience that there is so much waste and old boys club back door bullshit that it is time this happened! We only have 9 townships in our RM and it could be absorbed easily by any of the neighboring RM's , and we would get rid of some very poor councillors and one reeve. Money saved , lots of it , and the ratepayers would have better value for their tax dollars. No MLA's ever seem to talk about this , funny how that is !

Comment

How about looking into the amount of supposedly farmer money that gets spent on anything but primary production.....every trade show is government sponsored but I have to pay to get in.

The government flies in freeloaders from Tunisia and Middle East to look at our operations and cattle. Think they buy anything?

Think they pay for anything? They get treated like royalty with no track record. I know this for a fact because we were asked to tour them around a few years back (actually Fed Trade Dept.) The experience was quite interesting as the Tunisians that we entertained grew white asparagus, garden produce and they farmed shrimp by forming a pond in the Mediterranean. They had their own jets and flew their produce to high-end restaurants in Paris and Rome twice a week. There approx 500 workers were paid about $5 a day, just enough to buy a pound of hamburger. They were here looking at cattle that they would fly back in Russian cargo plane??? Ever seen one of those at the Regina airport?? But what do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              How about looking into the amount of supposedly farmer money that gets spent on anything but primary production.....every trade show is government sponsored but I have to pay to get in.

The government flies in freeloaders from Tunisia and Middle East to look at our operations and cattle. Think they buy anything?

Think they pay for anything? They get treated like royalty with no track record. I know this for a fact because we were asked to tour them around a few years back (actually Fed Trade Dept.) The experience was quite interesting as the Tunisians that we entertained grew white asparagus, garden produce and they farmed shrimp by forming a pond in the Mediterranean. They had their own jets and flew their produce to high-end restaurants in Paris and Rome twice a week. There approx 500 workers were paid about $5 a day, just enough to buy a pound of hamburger. They were here looking at cattle that they would fly back in Russian cargo plane??? Ever seen one of those at the Regina airport?? But what do I know?
              And do you think people representing us aren't being "greased" so to speak by these rich observers?

Yet we farmers have to pay to get into shows that are advertising equipment they want to sell to us???
              Aren't we smart??? Hahahaha pay coming pay going.

The amount of money an mla costs is way more than people think. You have to think all the support staff all the pensions offices travel etc etc. If they can't actually speak their mind what point is it to have them?

Comment

The saskparty isn't cutting it for me .....we have had a pulse tariff for over a year and no one is doing much....

This is a government issue now.

Too much corruption....

People will start looking at the NDP again.....the saskparty started helping them when they pulled the fuel tax and more taxes on insurance...etc....

Along with all the money for everything ag related except primary production....

Devine never left farmers hanging to dry.....
                Last edited by bucket; Jul 29, 2018, 09:10.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...