• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AGT....might go "Private"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Jamesb

As mentioned earlier there are some big shareholders in AGT that are not to keen on this latest development.
    Those investors must either see a rosy future of AGT and don't want to get out or bought shares above the buyback price?

Comment

[QUOTE=jamesb;384578]As a farmer I invest in farm land and don't spend a lot of time on investments in stocks. I do find this summers discussion about AGT's future kind of odd. As a grower we have for the most part had very good dealings with AGT in selling lentils. I hope to see them around for the future. It was of interest to me when a link to an investment web site article was discussed on Agriville. The article was pretty damming of AGT's future.

I asked my local processor/marketer how he feels about this subject. He said : Private seed plants and smaller marketers have a tough time competing with a giant who has the public purse backing him.. Maybe that has something to do with it. It’s great to be a big wheel with your own money.

What would you say if one big farmer had the government backing him and everytime you have to sell your grain or rent some land he’s there to undercut you, plug the elevator or pay highest rental rate? That sound like a level playing field to you?

Think about it!

Comment

I sold to them lots also more buyers the better but like sumdum said when it exists mainly because government handouts then its buying rail lines with gov money that's a new story. Their numbers don't add up to me. It kinda rubs me the wrong way when politicians lined up to praise how smart someone was then it turns out can't make a go unless government is funding and again it bugs me because a lot of the land I rent or bought is from people that weren't given that support from any government of any kind.

And I could care less how big or how small they are. As a pulse grower I want them to succeed like any other one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...