• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angus Reid Carbon Tax survey

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
    Interesting survey results. 76% agree that global warming is real. 20% of those respondents think it is real but caused by natural processes. 11% are uncertain. Only 14 % are in outright disagreement.

Some of the key findings of Angus Reid Carbon Tax Survey

Just over half of Canadians (56%) say global warming is real, and primarily caused by human industrial activity. One-in-five (20%) say it is real but caused by natural processes. The rest are split between uncertainty (11%) or outright disagreement (14%)

While the Saskatchewan Party “acknowledges the science-based reality of climate change” it has also stated that “a one-size-fits-all carbon tax fails to recognize the diverse nature of our great Canadian economy.” As such, the province would like to avoid being compelled to participate.

There are no surprises on a carbon tax. Everyone loves a new tax!

This is all about politics and leaders like Moe and Ford like to mislead the public on the issue for their own political gain.

We have a new generation of conservatives who are anti science, anti evidence, and anti environment.

How many posts on Agriville still state the earth is cooling and an ice age is coming? Lots!

Many Agriville posts fall into "Only 14 % are in outright disagreement" category. Those are the people who despite shrinking glaciers and less arctic summer ice allowing ships to pass easily through the northwest passage, apparently don't believe it is happening at all!

These are the same people continually disputing the temperature records and spouting grand conspiracies about scientists and wealth transfer.
    The lead politicians on the UN admit that carbon tax is a wealth transfer scheme.
    As far as climate change .... yup it changes . Has man contributed yup and the higher the population gets the more effect there will be . But a tax will never change that .... that is the most important thing that is misleading the general population. This whole climate change is real , but being vastly overstated and dramatized by governments and clowns 🤡 like you to push for useless tax’s on the middle class hard working people . That’s the absolute truth .

Comment

The sad thing is this whole carbon scheme has vastly overshadowed the other major pollution problems facing the worlds oceans and fresh water ways .... plastics and human waste .. a far far bigger threat to food security on this planet . It’s a very very real issue that’s being pushed out of the spotlight because they can not just tax one segment of the society... the middle class . Why ? because the poor counties produce far more untreated waste and plastics that are the actually ruining this planets food supply. Just look at how much of the planets population needs fish and fresh water for there main food source . Rice ... feeds more than a handful in Asia , and the majority of that rice is being growth with awe full polluted water from the very thing that is destroying oceans .. plastics .
      Also the amount of untreated waste flowing into the oceans is absolutely mind boggling .... but overshadowed by a useless carbon tax

Comment

What strategies are you doing to reduce fuel use on your farm?

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
          What strategies are you doing to reduce fuel use on your farm?
          Integrated fert / herbicide applications
          Integrated fall coulter harrow and liquid fert applications with N stabilizers to eliminate N loss .
          Running mostly Tier 4 B engine on all large equipment.... that alone should eliminate carbon tax from my farm with the cost and efficiency of those engines compared to the older engines .
          Integrated pest management in most of our crops to eliminate extra pesticide passes . Club root and sclerotina canola varieties, fusarium and maidge resistance in our wheat , mild resistance in our peas.
          Foliar fertilizers on our crops only when nesessary. A sprayer far far more efficient to apply fertilizer than NH3, or even broadcast dry fertilizer.
          Using Harvest Max canola varieties to cut swather use in half when possible .
          Using one large combine with the widest possible head . Or fuel use per bushel per hr per ac dramatically reduced over two combines .
          This was all in place long before this carbon tax b/S came into play. Most farmers do everything possible to reduce fuel cost . It is so missleading that the likes of chucky and horse believe we like to burn more fuel to farm productively ... it is laughable their propaganda, but the fact is most of the population and political hacks believe we are not doing these things already . Why ??? Because they truly believe we are hicks and they know better 🤡🤡🤡. When the truth is most of us a far beyond what they believe and have been for many years already
          How about your self ???????

Comment

Yup , already see grammar mistakes in my post ... and yup the clowns 🤡 will highlight that and not the real message .... guaranteed . But that will show their mentality too a tee .

Comment

Also we switched to a Horsch planter that is twice as efficient as a drill the same size and uses far less fuel per ac than any other seeding tool. Also reduced the amount of seed needed by over 60 % reducing the amount of seed pesticides used per ac to raise the same crop. So Lee’s need for evil seed companies to push out more pesticides and pollutants into the atmosphere.
              I will think of more ... but I gotta go
              Looking foreword to others responding besides yourself . Chuck , horse 🐎????

Comment

At a certain point you hit a wall as to what more can be done....its the matter of which point you benchmark from...1988,2008...between those two years major changes occurred in farming practice in western canada...

Straight lines and fewer passes in a field but the major reduction occurred prior to 2008 ...society hasn't credited for those carbon reducing efforts that every industry going forward will be and they will have a different benchmark to work from...

Can I reduce fuel usage much more on my farm...very little...I have to seed spray and combine...The only other reduction would be to seed it all to grass and bale a little for the winter.....doesn't come without a major re think and I am not there yet....but over the last decade over 800 acres has been put to grass.

Comment

Chuck, where do you get the idea that anyone thinks climate isn't changing or that humans don't have any effect? Many of have responded, proving your allegations wrong. I listed many ways in which we are changing climate. But you continue to accuse and belittle anyone who doesn't take the next illogical step.

As the survey proves, people are aware of climate change, and they don't think it is a problem that needs addressing. It is their last priority, your chicken little routine has had the opposite effect to what you intended. It is now people's last priority.

Against astronomical odds, You have managed to lose the PR battle. That is an incredible achievement, you must be proud.

Comment

Switched to all no-till. Grow perennial hay/alfalfa, have cows grazing grass as long as possible. But of course, that doesn't count since they are still releasing methane, which is even more evil than CO2, and deserves a tax all it's own.

I would hazard to state that we burn less diesel per cow than any operation in this climate that I am aware of.

On the grain end, we burn less diesel per bushel than any other local operation, but recreational tillage is a favorite pass-time around here too.

I drive a compact car nearly everywhere I go, rarely use the pickup unless the load physically can't fit in the car.

I am on a mission to sequester as much carbon into the soil as possible, the higher the carbon is in the atmosphere, the more successful this will be. As far as I know, that is the goal of any farmer who is attempting to be as sustainable as possible.
                    Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Aug 5, 2018, 00:02.

Comment

Going to a stripper header made a huge difference, roughly improved efficiency on diesel by around 100%. Aside from many other benefits of tall stubble, like you furrow, there will be no recognition of doing these things. Other then maybe paying less carbon tax from buying less fuel. Which is kind of the point of the tax - apparently.

I really would like to know where the tax collected ends up being spent.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        At a certain point you hit a wall as to what more can be done....its the matter of which point you benchmark from...1988,2008...between those two years major changes occurred in farming practice in western canada...

Straight lines and fewer passes in a field but the major reduction occurred prior to 2008 ...society hasn't credited for those carbon reducing efforts that every industry going forward will be and they will have a different benchmark to work from...

Can I reduce fuel usage much more on my farm...very little...I have to seed spray and combine...The only other reduction would be to seed it all to grass and bale a little for the winter.....doesn't come without a major re think and I am not there yet....but over the last decade over 800 acres has been put to grass.
                        Exactly Bucket .... that’s the thing people that don’t grain farm have absolutely no fricken clue about ....and never ever will.
                        Guys like grass who moved here recently, we have farmed here for 108 years , and he spouts off how we don’t know SFA . Same with chuck , absolutely no evidence saying what he has done or is doing , just scold the rest of us like some smart ass school teacher that has no real life experience but thinks he is superior to those of us who don’t follow his every word ... they can go *** themselves . We do more than 95% of the general population but get shot on .. and they wonder why they get the response they do 🤡

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...