• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wiseguy
    Saskatchewan crop insurance steals the most !

5 years no claims

10000 acres x 20 an acre premium is 200 000 x 5

1 000 000 premiums !

They take the premium and give nothing in return !

Who made who !
    If youre paying $20/ac , you have collected more than a few times accordong to what we pay ?????
    Or do you seed all canola ?

Comment

Bly east of Quill Lake really burned up the last few days..
      Lots of white in the fields.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        If youre paying $20/ac , you have collected more than a few times accordong to what we pay ?????
        Or do you seed all canola ?
        They sure treated us good two years ago when we got 40 “ rain

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
          Didn’t you say there was a lot of fungicide being sprayed there a while back?
          Yup. Didn't you get the glossy flyer this year? Rain, or shine it pays to apply!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
            Yup. Didn't you get the glossy flyer this year? Rain, or shine it pays to apply!
            It’s nice to see the Chem reps will reach their sales goals

Comment

It’s dry this year and yet the sask crop report read rosy today. Basically the rain last week had some hail but most farmland was sitting awesome according to them.

This is the reason for this report. Governments of all kinds never want the truth about production shortfalls.

Positive positive right till it’s over.

Production will be down and production is dropping each day.

Who actually thinks a rain this late will give a boost.

It will create regrowth in canola, similar in wheat etc. Then harvest horror show will happen because green areas and dead ripe. BUy the swather will be back.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B45D26A2-BF51-4C1C-93AC-75D58663BF9F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	766570

Pig shit

Comment

Yields being cut here on beans and canola with the dry july, wheat yield is basically set. No doubt a little more rain would have made a lot more grain in many areas this year.

Comment

What I’m meaning is if rain finally came last week for some it’s not really adding yield. It’s a bandaid to bring in what they had.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Pig shit
                      Sorry I am no canola expert, but what would cause the tap roots to go sideways instead of down?

Comment

Compaction....that land is packed tighter than blacktop from all the trails of hauling those heavy crops out of the field for the last three decades....you seen....he was looking at a ripper at AIM.
                        Last edited by farmaholic; Jul 19, 2018, 23:07.

Comment

The hardpan was where all the moisture was this spring. I put all my crops on top of it. Havent pulled a plant yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                            What I’m meaning is if rain finally came last week for some it’s not really adding yield. It’s a bandaid to bring in what they had.
                            Depends on staging. Lots of really late crops out there. Early stuff will help fill. Depends what’s there, no blanket statement fits all.

Comment

It's pig crap you see all sorts of things on those fields vs regular farmed. Yes, could be a hardpan area, could be in pig shit layer as most is splashed over a foot area plus down the tube. It looked really nice last night.

Our early canola is finishing flowering and that's just around three weeks full flower.

Wheat is filling nicely with 6 and 8 row.

Barley is filling.

Peas are shutting down or just last few flowers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CwTZemYGT3GWgmdjGYTVRQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	766571

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                I'm seeing much better crop, pasture or hay on top of pipelines ( heat source) in spite of the hot and dry. Tells me that heat was still the limiting factor.....
                                Maybe - but not the conclusion I'd jump to first - I'd be thinking relief of compaction or disturbing of soil releasing N first (ever noticed how a mole hill from last year grows a dark rich patch of grass in a pasture?)

Like chuckchuck I had difficulty making out the diagrams but it looked like extreme maximums are trending down and extreme lows are trending up which is different to the average maximums and minimums so not sure what it really proves other than Lacombe is a real cold place but I knew that already!

In answer to your question the hail cost us more production over a short period but the decreased moisture associated with the increased heat levels will cost us way more over the full season. Our pasture production will be half, on unmanaged/poorly managed pastures in the area I'd guess it'll be quartered this year compared to cooler years with more average moisture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...