• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crop is looking decent here except canola just never seemed to recover from the heavy early June rains. It is still flowering and looks ok from the road but if you walk in it hasn't branched very good and looks a little weak. Time will tell on that.

With lots of drought talk and feeling a lot of west was on the dry side I held on to a bit of old crop canola. That doesn't look like a good idea now!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	9761531597510.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	766544

the right side up... I wish I knew for sure what I was doing wrong with the camera on my phone. Sometimes it doesn't seem to matter which way I hold it.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
        The crop is looking decent here except canola just never seemed to recover from the heavy early June rains. It is still flowering and looks ok from the road but if you walk in it hasn't branched very good and looks a little weak. Time will tell on that.

With lots of drought talk and feeling a lot of west was on the dry side I held on to a bit of old crop canola. That doesn't look like a good idea now!
        Hate to say but west side canola crops baring hail are good. Some exceptions but more management related.

Comment

Nothing wrong with saying the crop looks good. Just my gamble!

Comment

You're not alone, looks like it might get a birthday or two now...

Comment

Nothing wrong with saying the crop looks good. Just my gamble!
              No ill will sir.

Comment

The gas tank in most areas known as sub soil moisture is almost empty. 2018 will not be a repeat of 2017. Wind from hell today but cool. Really cool low 7 tonight. Not cool.

Name:	F667DBCC-B954-45B8-8CFF-F55A87E953DD.jpg
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	766547

This head needs 6 weeks till harvest. Lots can go wrong.

Walk some canola fields boys they aren’t as nice as they look at 70 mph.

Comment

Name:	DFFF52EA-2FB6-47D0-963B-EC967C13F5DC.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	766548

Today’s winds are insane.

Big yields are being made.

Last nights low plus 7. Ouch

Comment

Flax in our area.

Lots

Pig shit application issues thinner in strips

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                      Wow two useless fools.

See when neighbours and you get along you can be miles away and they communicate with you. I knew the storm path and we’re our farm got hit by the storm thanks to friends and family and darn good neighbours.

You two fools have no clue.
                      I just thought it was a good joke, instead, it was buried at the end of a long and mostly dead thread where no one saw it, and I offended SF3( I didn't appreciate that it was hail that had hit your farm, I thought it was your neighbors). I guess that backfired. I'm usually the one calling my distant neighbors to notify of hail, since we mostly farm in a fairly tight area, and know about it right away.

Comment

No problem

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...