• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Heat is on....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Heat is on....

Friday and Saturday looks like a scorcher here. Canola coming into full bloom. Leaves will probably be hanging like damp rags off the stems. We have moisture for recovery but I hope flower blast isn't too intense. Even the beginning of next week looks a little too toasty for my liking.

Peas have been flowering for about a week now.

ps.....I hope they're wrong and over estimating the heat intensity....even though I think we could bear it better than some other areas....I still hope they're wrong!!!

Comment

We look ok here for temps , but with the limited soil moisture we can’t go more than 10 days with out a decent rain again

Comment

We can argue over why but the trend is obvious. There will be some good and some bad, but more extreme weather seems to be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
          We can argue over why but the trend is obvious. There will be some good and some bad, but more extreme weather seems to be happening.
          Do you think so?

I remember as a kid the most violent thunder storms all the time and going out in the morning and see all the power poles split by lightning. The house would just shake with thunder lots of times every summer.
          The last few years just nice gentle rains that last days and days so rain fall amounts add up.
          All I have heard for thunder this year is a few distant rumbles and I haven't felt the house shake in years or saw a split power pole.

I remember when it was dry in the 80's people saying "why don't we have those 3 day rains anymore"
          Well we are having 3 day rains now and I don't like!
          I would just say the weather now is just more of the same.

Comment

yes seldom, I can remember those type of storms as well. After they passed the local SPC lineman would be busy replacing service fuses.

Comment

For all the extreme weather climate change guys. Where have all the violent thunderstorms gone?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...