• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Ratings Mean Little This Early In The Growing Season!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Ratings Mean Little This Early In The Growing Season!

The following article is what we have to deal with as farmers. F#$King Morons living in Glass Offices that know Jack Shit about growing a crop.

Read on.

"Our research indicates that crop ratings mean little this early in the growing season," writes Bryan Doherty on agriculture.com.
    Into July, their impact and importance increases, he says. As of July 2, 76% of the US crop was rated good to excellent. This compares to the mid- to upper 60% the previous two years at this time.
    "The logical conclusion is that another high-yielding crop could be at hand. If the weather cooperates through July, much of the crop will be in its home stretch by early Aug.
    "Whispers of 'the best crop ever' will be heard. Yet, the end of July, and for that matter, Aug., is some ways off. Consequently, a highly rated crop in June does not necessarily correlate to high yield by harvest."

Well here is what I think is going to happen. Did a little crop tour yesterday From Regina to Wadena to Humboldt down to Nokomis over to Raymore down to Regina.

NE has flooding and more rain doesn't equal more grain.

Wadena has crop heading and guess what its a foot tall. Canola short. Dry all way to Munster and down then it gets better as you get to Regina but needs rain. Our area and east are good south is a way to wet and From what friends say in Sw they are past the day of rain.

So to the moron in his office get out and check.

Oh, and the temps are going to climb to 35 plus with a 60 km wind and hot and dry the next week so anyone who needed rain and didn't get we are not adding to yield were taking away.

Stupid people just drive me nuts and an expert like this telling grain company and the world whats going on tops that list.

Last year happened because of one thing and only one thing 16 plus years of excess moisture and the roots went down. The tank is empty and the moron should notice how empty the tank is by this time next week as plants will wilt and die.

Sad but guess who the markets listen two. It sure isn't us farmers its Jokers like the guy above.

Have a great day and I hope you got a good rain.

Good rain, yeh right! 10 drops every night, such a soaker! Our crops won’t like a week of heat and you are right- short and no reserve, the ground is dry. Still hoping for a miracle.

Comment

I remember the low rainfall years....the crop this year is behaving the same ....a bit of rain and 2 days later it's back to stressing.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...