• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Suffering

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnt View Post
    Peterson explains the 80/20 rule, Pareto Principle - may or may not completely related, but interesting. More observation than solution. Why do a only a few end up with the most?

After watching to it, one will very easily be able to ascertain what "historical" role the various members on this forum would fill.

If Jordan Peterson is on your watching/reading/listening list, you will likely get a much better perspective on issues than you could from almost any other living person today. He is a very rare intellect, the type that comes along only infrequently in this world -and he's Canadian, eh!?
    The best part about this genius Peterson no lefty can attempt to argue with him without looking like a fool. He really makes them unhinged.....similar to Big Wheel bad mouthing Gretzky’s hockey skills. 🙈

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
      I was at a function with a lot of gen x'ers. My brother in law looked around the room and said if a young person has initiative there are alot of opportunities out there.

I agreed and then said but the rest will happily vote to tax the shit out of him, while standing in line for their share of it.
      Just wondering where your BIL was finding opportunity these days in Canuckistan? True private investment has dropped to zero these days so no one else is seeing it. The construction industry is waiting around these days for infrastructure investment, and pretty much does nothing else. There are green energy scams about and government pea fractionation scams. The oil market in western Canada is now in balance because they blew Syncrude up again. Lots of players trying to get in on the next big scam which is the marijuana industry. Housing is being propped up by government suppressing rates. Ag is dying due to increasing competition from the Black Sea and SA and the Indian pulse tariff so right now there is next to no opportunity in Canuckistan. All the young people want to get on with government because private sector is so dismal.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
        Pretty interesting response - not sure what benefit there is in ignoring the facts behind his words. And a very strong and irrational response.

Which shows a sad lack of willingness to acknowledge and deal with reality.

So, are you denying the reality of the Patero Principle? Or the fact of the Communist Russian Great Purge?

So it raises the question, was your opening sentence a response to the Peterson clip or a warning for what was to follow...well, it's obvious, isn't it.

Cool your jets and think a bit there big wheel.
        Burnt
        It's a brainwashing that you've fallen for.
        Are you in the 10%? Not likely but you've fallen for the idea that you have to pay so much for those under you. Truth is your paying for the ones above you just as much or more. Except they have the money to brainwash you into thinking other wise.

Did you get the Gretzky example? It reflects real business life in so many ways.

What's irrational is suggesting that because you don't want to worship the 10% that your a communist! Haha nothing could be farther from the truth in fact following the idea of Peterson you are more closer to the communist idea than anyone. A few people owning and controlling everything?? You can give it different names but it's the same thing perhaps maybe the difference is whether democracy is involved or not but the end is the same result.

Comment

No man is an island. Lots of little guys do not have a role model, self-confidence nor support system to give them footing.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
            Lets say I misstated a bit, what I tried to say is disposable income Lets say rent 13000 /groc 6000,/ ei/cpp utilities, gas ,ins,lisnce/. And everything you purchase has taxes figured in the cost. App 24% on taxable income as compared to 14% on corporate rates. What it boils down to is would you rather have 50% of a mill or 100% of 30,000$ . and what's a fair split in your mind ??
            So just to be clear it’s ok to discriminate with taxes but not anything else. It’s ok to discriminate against rich people with grants etc but not anything else
            Just wondering how you lefty crusaders of all this unequal justify

Comment

Originally posted by vvalk View Post
              So just to be clear it’s ok to discriminate with taxes but not anything else. It’s ok to discriminate against rich people with grants etc but not anything else
              Just wondering how you lefty crusaders of all this unequal justify
              I really don't see discrimination in this anywhere but so be it. Why do all you capatilasts automatically call everyone that docent agree a leftie.
              You feel everyone that makes big money is just great,sooo why do you complain about machine dealers, seed,fert,rent, all they are doing is trying to make a living (right). Roads are crap rail is the sh-ts so we should use all this deadwood to shore up the roads and rails because you earned that money and its yours by god ,some one else can pay.
              I don't have a problem with someone working hard and being rewarded for their lab or but there is as much entitlement out there as there is hard workers.
              When you need someone they become valuable such as a tire man, low life dirty work low pay but you will hire him when you need service.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Burnt
                It's a brainwashing that you've fallen for.
                Are you in the 10%? Not likely but you've fallen for the idea that you have to pay so much for those under you. Truth is your paying for the ones above you just as much or more. Except they have the money to brainwash you into thinking other wise.

Did you get the Gretzky example? It reflects real business life in so many ways.

What's irrational is suggesting that because you don't want to worship the 10% that your a communist! Haha nothing could be farther from the truth in fact following the idea of Peterson you are more closer to the communist idea than anyone. A few people owning and controlling everything?? You can give it different names but it's the same thing perhaps maybe the difference is whether democracy is involved or not but the end is the same result.
                Just back up a step - where did anyone say anything about worshiping anything?

Might be helpful to look back at what I actually said, big wheel, which was that the clip is an observation, not a solution.

Which I then illustrated with a couple of examples. Could have used Paul Coffey to illustrate. Would that change the outcome? No.

Unlike you, I did not place any values on any of those involved.

So it's kinda hard to tell what made you so crazy in your response. Other than that those who hold leftist ideology tend to dislike it when shown how it works. But then I wouldn't like to think of you as a leftist extremist, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                  Just wondering where your BIL was finding opportunity these days in Canuckistan? True private investment has dropped to zero these days so no one else is seeing it. The construction industry is waiting around these days for infrastructure investment, and pretty much does nothing else. There are green energy scams about and government pea fractionation scams. The oil market in western Canada is now in balance because they blew Syncrude up again. Lots of players trying to get in on the next big scam which is the marijuana industry. Housing is being propped up by government suppressing rates. Ag is dying due to increasing competition from the Black Sea and SA and the Indian pulse tariff so right now there is next to no opportunity in Canuckistan. All the young people want to get on with government because private sector is so dismal.
                  His comment was more an indictment on the next generation and how those that have their shit together will far outpace the rest.

My comment was that those that fall behind will be more than willing to share in his success.

Comment

Well then I guess you and I have something in common you keep saying your not an asshole sitting on bill Boyd's lap but why is that duck there in the photo!
                    Hahahaha
                    Your poor attempt at humor matches your poor attempt at intellect in the rest of your posts.

Comment

As far as Alberta suffering .... all self inflicted. No different than the average Canadian household debt . When you spend $1.25 for every $1 you make , or get taxed way more than is reasonable without living in a card board box , sooner or later your screwed

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
                        Your poor attempt at humor matches your poor attempt at intellect in the rest of your posts.
                        Oh my oh my. coming from Billy's wiener hound I m so crushed. Maybe get someone with grade 2 to translate so you can understand. Hahahaha

Comment

Oh my oh my. coming from Billy's wiener hound I m so crushed. Maybe get someone with grade 2 to translate so you can understand. Hahahaha
                          You keep proving my point over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            As far as Alberta suffering .... all self inflicted. No different than the average Canadian household debt . When you spend $1.25 for every $1 you make , or get taxed way more than is reasonable without living in a card board box , sooner or later your screwed
                            Agreed. The last time I read up in this subject, it was the average citizen was spending 1.67 times more than their available disposable income. Fair enough, I regard this as free will. As furrow notes , add a 5% income tax increase and a 3% interest rate increase and half the population of Canada is going to have an involuntary lifestyle change.

I had a millennial helper for a full production season last year. The hours were too long, wages too low and he was uncomfortable in the house I provided for him. He was more than happy when he worked on his vehicle in my shop, tended to his self sustaining garden and bees on my farm time. At the end of season he was heading for eastern Canada to work on his film project. He locked himself out of the house and broke the door to get in. I told him he had to replace the hardware. Two hours down the road he texts me, advising me I should piss off with my shitty attitude.

That was a very good education for me.

He called back in the spring looking for a months work. I did not re hire him and gave him a departure date from the house. I basically planted the crop myself . It still took him 14 days past deadline to actually leave.

Comment

This guy was smart and very capable. It is much easier to utilize other people’s resources without the drudgery of decades paying bills and doing the most labour intensive unappealing tasks that are necessary to accumulate some general wealth. I do not judge people by their economic status but I will now discern who qualifies to hang around this farm. I think there is an Aesop fable about the ant and the grasshopper. Its not an extremely scientific document but its about 2500 years old.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ant_and_the_Grasshopper

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...