• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof we are sitting ducks and don't innovate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    The answer klaus is NO there is no vision only short term fill my pockets with oil money and that's it. Everyone else go f yourself. That's the plan. That's it.

I m all for oil but as nuts as the environmentalists are the reality is it's not the long term future. The long term future needs to be found with r and d and tech.

We re so busy supplying raw cheap oil to the rest of the world allowing them to keep up with us or even pass us because they are investing in the future.
    We don't export oil to anybody but the USA... Hell, we import oil to keep half our own country running.

Can't get a pipe to the coast.

Meanwhile Russia opened up a CNG plant in the Arctic. (look up Arctic LNG2)

Meanwhile we're trying to 'sanction' these countries... and start trade wars with others.

Holy crap. How can't the general public see what kind of a $hitStorm we're about to unleash.

Then you have CBC running a story about how the BoC will raise interest rates because "Canada's economy is doing better than expected! GDP grew by 0.1%!!!"

GDP is growing slower than the Canadian population... Means there's less of a slice for each of us every month... The pie isn't getting bigger but there's more and more slices.

Comment

"A transportation network is the foundation of a country's well-being"

Comment

Holy crap. How can't the general public see what kind of a $hitStorm we're about to unleash.

Is all fun and games until the feds pop a nsf check.

If you picture the world from the inside out and the USA is the core, what do you see? We are imploding from the outside in. I don't understand the mechanics of the bond market precisely but as US raises rates and dollar goes up, the rest of the world is dropping like flies. US is last. Powell keeps raising rates to protect pension plans that are dying due to the solution to the last crisis. 7% 7 years money doubles etc... No 7% and pensions are required by law to own govt debt(bonds) because stocks are too risky.... the general public is morons financially and economically speaking. Govt is lawyers, they think passing a law fixes everything... public might be smarter then govt. We get it, you need $ coming into the country in exchange for resources to fund social programs. 65% of GDP is exports, we don't hold the wealth internally to fund every govt receip....i wonder what happens when the check bounces? Do we send them for a walk through the arctic?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...