• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did all the herbicides go?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did all the herbicides go?

I have been appalled at my retailers this year. Their sheds are nearly empty, not only of product, but of selection.

A few chemicals no one carries anymore, at least that I could not get my hands on.

Clopyralid
    Dicamba
    Frontline
    Refine extra

Anyone else struggling to find herbs they wanted to use? Is it like canola seed now, that you have to order ahead in August so you can get the ones you want?

When you have certain we’d targets, and you have to resort to the crap they have on hand, it is frustrating. Makes me wonder if I am the only one who sprays according to weeds I have and pressure, vs. just grabbing what they have, and relying on the staff to make your decision for you?

A guy can not even go and get some dicamba to mix with a bit of mcpa anymore? Or a bit of lontrel? Just dumb.

I get the impression that once a farm reaches a certain size, scouting for any weed or pest, targeting, spot spraying and justifying applications of any product are irrelevant. Just cover everything with everything when the calendar says to. Not sure how that contributes to economies of scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
      I have been appalled at my retailers this year. Their sheds are nearly empty, not only of product, but of selection.

A few chemicals no one carries anymore, at least that I could not get my hands on.

Clopyralid
      Dicamba
      Frontline
      Refine extra

Anyone else struggling to find herbs they wanted to use? Is it like canola seed now, that you have to order ahead in August so you can get the ones you want?

When you have certain we’d targets, and you have to resort to the crap they have on hand, it is frustrating. Makes me wonder if I am the only one who sprays according to weeds I have and pressure, vs. just grabbing what they have, and relying on the staff to make your decision for you?

A guy can not even go and get some dicamba to mix with a bit of mcpa anymore? Or a bit of lontrel? Just dumb.
      But if you spray according to what weeds you have how are you supposed to get the rebate programs to work for you. My biggest beef with the chemical industry is the programs, and its too our detriment as most spray according to programming and not need.

Comment

Clopyralid
        Dicamba
        Frontline
        Refine extra

Lontrel... Eclipse is lontrel and gly in separate jugs in same box.

Frontline... Adama Topline or florasulamEC and mcpa.

Refine extra... DB858 or barricade

Dicamba... Dyvel

Just a few that came to mind.

I'd use a fluroxopyr instead of florasulamEC

PrestigeeXc for instance

Comment

I try to spray the chemicals that work for my weed spectrum....BUT ....i expect them to work and when they don't.....well i am still ****ed rebate or not.

I can afford the spray....I can't afford them to not work....if that makes sense?

Comment

Great Northern Growers has a generic Lontrel.

Pyralid....Co-op retailers offer this likely others as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
              Lontrel... Eclipse is lontrel and gly in separate jugs in same box.

Frontline... Adama Topline or florasulamEC and mcpa.

Refine extra... DB858 or barricade

Dicamba... Dyvel

Just a few that came to mind.

I'd use a fluroxopyr instead of florasulamEC

PrestigeeXc for instance
              I do not want to buy eclipse to get my clopyralid
              I do not want to buy dyvel, which is dicamba and mcpa k. I just want the dicamba. They never had dyvel even if I wanted!
              My retailers do not carry any frontline, generic or not.
              Same for refine xtra
              Prestige and other fluroxopyr based herbs have serious leaf stage restrictions.

Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Archerwill coop had frontline.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Archerwill coop had frontline.
                  For next year, I will be far more on it. For my part, I made assumptions based on historical availability. Ran out of time because I changed my mind based on my weed pressure. Everything is better in archerwill. 😆

Comment

I do not want to buy eclipse to get my clopyralid
                    I do not want to buy dyvel, which is dicamba and mcpa k. I just want the dicamba. They never had dyvel even if I wanted!
                    My retailers do not carry any frontline, generic or not.
                    Same for refine xtra
                    Prestige and other fluroxopyr based herbs have serious leaf stage restrictions.

Frustrating to say the least.

Eclipse is cheaper per acre than straight lontrel and you get the same amount of lontrel plus free glyphosate

Db858 and barricade have replaced refine and as far as dicamba it's nasty stuff for drift and crop damage...

Fluroxopyr based chemicals have replaced florasulam because the *Sam have too much residual for a lot of guys.

What ya trying to spray out of stage?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                      Eclipse is cheaper per acre than straight lontrel and you get the same amount of lontrel plus free glyphosate

Db858 and barricade have replaced refine and as far as dicamba it's nasty stuff for drift and crop damage...

Fluroxopyr based chemicals have replaced florasulam because the *Sam have too much residual for a lot of guys.

What ya trying to spray out of stage?
                      At the time I was trying to get a jump on oats at the two leaf stage.

I will look into eclipse for my lontrel needs. Lol thanks for the tip.

Dicamba is cheaper n borscht, and on the one field, it would have been all it needed for a guy on a tight budget. And my land is safe regarding drift cuz of the trees.

Probably I hit on it there. Cheaper. Many are led to believe we need x chemical, cuz it is the newest and such. And then the good old standbys lose demand?

Comment

Stellar XL is the replacement for Frontline.

Comment

Found Rush M this year, stellar minus the f!#$%Sam, except bigger load of fluroxypyr. Pretty much same weeds.

Comment

I believe Oracle is straight Dicamba

Comment

I try to not to overuse group 2 chemistry. Figure when I need it I use it. This year the chem sheds were like ol mother Hubbard’s cupboard. Used axial and ciprene on a mess and axial and stellar on the rest. Sure was happy with the results. But they scrounged to find it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...