• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola looking good so far.
    Little shower today.

Wheat after the shower.

Comment

Only 10 drops of rain today.
      Need a bit soon..canola major blooming.and wheat heading..

Comment

Sample of worst of the light land, looked great a week ago

Comment

NOT my field . And in a sandy poor area. Same
          Wheat a week ago looked great. I have land in the same area
          With peas and lentils.they seem to be holding up better.
          Late seeded peas in that area. COULD still be good.
          Early seeded , one stem 8-10 inches high flowering.
          Drove it all yesterday. I swear the disease I saw 5 days
          Is gone. Must have been the big UV radiation sterilizer at work. There are yellow leaves on the bottom 4 inches.
          But no spots of any kind.
          Looks like we have had a tenth this morning.
          Make or break time here.
          EVERYTHING else is not super , but still in the game. Wheat heads are short. And canola holding up
          Sort of
          Last edited by sawfly1; Jul 1, 2018, 07:23.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
            NOT my field . And in a sandy poor area. Same
            Wheat a week ago looked great. I have land in the same area
            With peas and lentils.they seem to be holding up better.
            Late seeded peas in that area. COULD still be good.
            Early seeded , one stem 8-10 inches high flowering.
            Drove it all yesterday. I swear the disease I saw 5 days
            Is gone. There are yellow leaves on the bottom 4 inches.
            But no spots of any kind.
            Looks like we have had a tenth this morning.
            Make or break time here.
            EVERYTHING else is not super , but still in the game. Wheat heads are short. And canola holding up
            Sort of
            So the majority of this rain inbetween is again and north ?? Looks that way on radar

Comment

Radar last night was north. It is trying here, anyway.
              Better than 32 and wind

Comment

These picks are making me jealous. Crops in southern Alberta need rain badly. I can see the bottom leaves burning off on cereals and canola already.
                It’s never good going into July with no moisture

Comment

Seven and a half inches of rain since last week of May, much of it from pounding thunderstorms.
                  Etremely variable within a few miles.
                  Canola fields also variable with more poor looking fields than good ones.
                  Cereals considerably better looking.

Comment

Originally posted by sawfly1 View Post
                    Better than 32 and wind
                    Maybe Friday/Saturday

Comment

We got a few weird rains yesterday. One just after noon rained 2mm out of nothing the sun was out.

Then later last night South if yard land got a good shower. Yard piss all.

Total since snow is 5.75 inches and funny thing this year no big down pours “Yet”.

Crops look great in our area and some spots not seeded in 17 years look like a 11 out of 10.

I feel we’re back to normal rainfall like we use to get. July turns the heat up and if you get a few showers at right time you look like a genius and get a good crop. This is normal weather I was talking about the flood years weren’t, a rain event like this weekend would park over us and go round and round. Four day totals would be over 6 inches, that wasn’t normal.

Hope every one gets a rain as droughts really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by jethro456 View Post
                        These picks are making me jealous. Crops in southern Alberta need rain badly. I can see the bottom leaves burning off on cereals and canola already.
                        It’s never good going into July with no moisture
                        2/3 of our canola dropped it bottom leaves 8-10 days ago . We caught a few tenths on last Tuesday, just enough to keep it alive.
                        We have a lot of small canola plants bolted/ flowering very small.
                        Up to an inch now this morning, so it will make a crop now but nodig crop overall at all in this pocket .
                        This radar shot from this morning shows the last 4 weeks ..

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          2/3 of our canola dropped it bottom leaves 8-10 days ago . We caught a few tenths on last Tuesday, just enough to keep it alive.
                          We have a lot of small canola plants bolted/ flowering very small.
                          Up to an inch now this morning, so it will make a crop now but nodig crop overall at all in this pocket .
                          This radar shot from this morning shows the last 4 weeks ..
                          Good to see you finally got a good rain. Got 3/10 here. Battleford looks wet. Doing the yearly Jackfish Lake campout. Nice crops in usual areas. Due for another trip to crooked bush. See how the hills at Whitkow look.

Comment

Early Manipulator results:

It might be a little early to distinguish but in the photo of the pull grader and mower....above the left side pull grader is the line between a pass with and without Manipulator.

In the other photo there appears to be a distinct line in the foreground and in the middle.

When its completely headed I will take pictures again

Comment

Can see the line..
                              Looks to be later though?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                Can see the line..
                                Looks to be later though?
                                Yes it does Partners. First time I've ever used it so don't know what to expect. It may delay it a bit. Besides shortening the straw they claim it strengthens it too...we'll $ee. If the "wrong" weather comes along, torrential rain and crazy wind, I think it will still lodge...hopefully not as bad though...time will tell. The variety is Jathatia, a variety that is 16cm taller(too tall) than Carberry...we are moving away from it to Landmark....another midge tolerant variety that is supposedly semi-dwarf.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...